Samsung TXP2670WH - QAM Firmware

Telseth,
Thanks so much for the quick response. I followed the exact procedure and created the cable the same way, yet I'm getting the double pictures. In the instructions, there was no talk about the speed of COM1. I'm assuming that it's set at 115,200. Also, even after the firmware upgrade process is complete, the software does not end. I had to click Control-C to exit the batch program. Did you have that problem at all?
Any help is appreciated.
Spica

Attachments

• P1030084.JPG
    P1030084.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 228
  • P1030082.JPG
    P1030082.JPG
    421.1 KB · Views: 252
Hello, I guess I have to post three times before I can use PM, but I would like to get this firmware update. I have a Samsung TX-P2675WH that I have had for a little over year. I have Adelphia Cable in Los Angeles, but I don't get any HD channles on my TV over the cable (the local channels come in fine over the rabbit ears in HD).

Great thread guys. I was wondering why my set wouldn't tune any digital channels on my 2675. I can't test the OTA tuner, since I have no line of sight to any transmitters.

TX-P2675WH Original Firmware?

Would anyone happen to know the availability of the original factory firmware distributed with the tx-p2675wh? I performed the QAM firmware, which worked "fine" for a week (took forever to change between HD channels), when suddenly it took a long time to change the channel, it froze, went black, and now my tv freezes at the same point on it's boot-up, then resets only to do it all over again. I don't remember where it freezes off the top of my head, I could check if anyone thinks it's important to know.

In any event, I'm after the original firmware in hopes that it might reverse the issue, and fix my giant paperweight of a television. Samsung says they either won't send it to me, or can't send it to me. Either way, they aren't helping. Unfortunately I'm no longer under any sort of warranty, either, so I'm left with the chance that the original firmware might fix it.

If anyone has it, or access to it, or has it written down in binary on a very long roll of toilet paper, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

sorry i'm years late in figuring out that I apparently need this! do you still have the QAM firmware update to enable the Samsung TM-P2675WH to find the digital stations in basic cable service? (Comast). i think am capable of making the cable from the word description, but i don't see any pictures in the posts. plus would need the instructions on the computer side for getting the download to work. thanks for any help.

sorry i'm years late in figuring out that I apparently need this! does anyone still have the QAM firmware update to enable the Samsung TM-P2675WH to find the digital stations in basic cable service? (Comast). i think am capable of making the cable from the word description, but i don't see any pictures in the posts. plus would need the instructions on the computer side for getting the download to work. thanks for any help.

sorry i'm years late in figuring out that I apparently need this! do you still have the QAM firmware update to enable the Samsung TM-P2675WH to find the digital stations in basic cable service? (Comast). i think am capable of making the cable from the word description, but i don't see any pictures in the posts. plus would need the instructions on the computer side for getting the download to work. thanks for any help.

Send me a PM and provide me with an email address that won't reject an email larger than 5Gb or a .Zip file. I know of probably 50-60 folks who have updated the firmware without a problem, but I also know 1 or 2 people who had problems. It's an easy upgrade, but use at your own risk. I haven't owned this set in years and cannot offer you any troubleshooting assistance beyond sending you the firmware.

Oh, I didn't have to make a cable since I used a "Comm" cable that came with a SL-9000 Universal Remote (don't recall if I used a null-modem adapter with it). However, I later made a cable since I had all the pieces and parts (used to make all my own cables back in the '80s and early '90s) - it only takes a few minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts