San Andres Island for English TV Sat using AzBox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deadlyden

Original poster
Nov 29, 2015
San Andres Isla
I am an expat living in San Andres Island, Colombia. I have Movistar, the local provider, but they do not supply a proper box that will decode the SAP signal. I have an additional dish pointed at 58W which I can connect to SKY Mexico, is there a way to access this legally? Or what other options would I have here for English TV?

Sky Mexico´s Intelsat at 58w does have a footprint over Isla San Andres according to what I see on satbeams.com.

So, that seems to be an option if you can pay your sub (i.e. legally) to Sky Mexico, you would have a signal.

I understand that Directv caribbean would have a signal over part of the Caribbean, but that´s all I know.

Hi Deadlyden,
Should be able to get at least some of the Ku free-to-air broadcasts available to North America, maybe try AMC6 at 72W, should be close to your true south (in your case zenith) satellite. Might need a larger dish though since it is not prime footprint area. A 6' dish might catch enough signal to work.
Quite the location though... Can't imagine watching TV when a perfectly fine beach is available close by... :)
Maybe broadband services are available via satellite or through a local ISP?

On Ku, 97w is FTA and the signal covers your beautiful Isla, but even thought G 19 has about 250 channels, the number of English language channels is quite small, basically, news channels, and RTV w retro tv.

Your location seems to be perfect for Hispasat at 30W, the Cuban channels have a decent amount of English programming with US series and movies, such shows are aired in English audio only but with Spanish subtitles.

Those are other 2 options I just thought of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts