San Angelo Texas FOX OTA guide

tlcnet

Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
San Angelo, Texas
I have a DISH VIP722. Recently, San Angelo FOX moved their OTA from 19-1 to 6-1 I assume to match up with their "regular" channel number (6-0) When it was 19-1 the guide information came through, but after it moved to 6-1 it now just says "Digital Service"

All of my other locals are there, and they guide "matches" with the OTA and Dish Locals.

I have contacted Dish three times (over the last two weeks) and they are at a loss. They think it could be the local broadcaster is no longer sending guide info??

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? (I have hard reset and forced a guide download and rescanned the locals multiple times)

Any Ideas?

This happened with our CW affiliate back in February when they flash cut to their permanent digital assignment. I waited a week and we still had no guide info on the new channel. I sent an email to the dishquality at echostar dot com address asking to have the guide info remapped to the new channel assignment. Got an email the next morning saying it would be forwarded to the correct dept and within a week the guide info started mapping to the correct channel assignment.

Got KXVA here just up the road from you in Abilene. Since they went digital in February, at first we were getting just that 'Digital Service' title in the OTA guide. Then after a few weeks, I deleted the channel and did a rescan to add it back in. Then I started getting guide data for 15-1... but it wasn't KXVA's. I've called and emailed to complain to dish... I don't know of any contact info for KXVA.

Anyway, we're still getting the wrong channel info for that channel.

Got KXVA here just up the road from you in Abilene. Since they went digital in February, at first we were getting just that 'Digital Service' title in the OTA guide. Then after a few weeks, I deleted the channel and did a rescan to add it back in. Then I started getting guide data for 15-1... but it wasn't KXVA's. I've called and emailed to complain to dish... I don't know of any contact info for KXVA.

Anyway, we're still getting the wrong channel info for that channel.

I have also sent several e-mails to Dishquality about KXVA guide data being wrong. They didn't even bother to respond to my last e-mail. I guess they are too busy dealing with the complaints from people in the Turbo packages. You could try to e-mail KXVA through thier website, but it has never worked for me. I'm told the best way to contact them is to call, but I doubt the guide issue is thier fault. Most likely, someone at Dish got it wrong; and for some resaon, they are unable to fix it.

I have also sent several e-mails to Dishquality about KXVA guide data being wrong. They didn't even bother to respond to my last e-mail. I guess they are too busy dealing with the complaints from people in the Turbo packages. You could try to e-mail KXVA through thier website, but it has never worked for me. I'm told the best way to contact them is to call, but I doubt the guide issue is thier fault. Most likely, someone at Dish got it wrong; and for some resaon, they are unable to fix it.

I agree that it's not someone at KXVA's fault... the sat version of the channel in the guide has correct guide info most of the time (weekend afternoons have always been problematic for them for some reason) so we know that the appropriate people have the appropriate information. They are just applying it innapropriately. ;)

Resolution: It is KIDY's fault, not DISH. They are still "low power" and are in the transition to Full Power HD. 1 of the new pieces of equipment that is now in place does not work with the equipment that sends out guide information. They said that it should be at Full Power and have guide info by August?!?! So, thanks for the help, and suggestions...

Dish doesn't get their guide info from the local stations. The listings are provided by Tribune Media. The problem is Dish is not mapping the guide info to the correct local channel location. You were getting listings until the local channel moved to it final digital assignment. The dish receivers don't use use PSIP which is how the locals send guide info.

Dish doesn't get their guide info from the local stations. The listings are provided by Tribune Media. The problem is Dish is not mapping the guide info to the correct local channel location. You were getting listings until the local channel moved to it final digital assignment. The dish receivers don't use use PSIP which is how the locals send guide info.

I think you'r mixing is KIDY problem with my KXVA problem that I mentioned. He didn't say that KIDY showed up with correct guide info off of the satellite.

I think you'r mixing is KIDY problem with my KXVA problem that I mentioned. He didn't say that KIDY showed up with correct guide info off of the satellite.

Actually he did. It says in the first post that he was receiving guide info until the station moved to it final digital assignment 6.1, from its temporary digital assignment on 19.1

Again Dish's listings are provided by Tribune not the local stations. Dish has to map the guide information to match up with the local stations correct channel assignment. If the listings have incorrect information, that is a problem with Tribune Media, if it just says digital channel, then either Dish has the mapping wrong or else Dish does not carry that station. In which case they do not provide guide listings for stations they don't carry.

It is the OTA guide info that is missing. The Dish Local Feed (6-0) has the right information. The Over the Air Antenna Signal from KIDY Fox (6-1) no longer has guide information in the signal. Dish Network informed me that the guide information for the OTA signals comes from the OTA signals, and KIDY confirmed that they are no longer broadcasting any guide information in their signal.

Dish CSR misinformed you, as Dish blocks the psip information in the receivers. That is why you have to pay them for locals or your guide will say digital channel on all of the OTA locals. Dish takes the information from the sd local they provide and remaps it to the OTA local in the guide.

OK, cool.. I received an e-mail reply from dishquality, stating that they would look into it so maybe it will get fixed by dish after all. Thanks.

Good luck getting anything any results from them. I've been emailing them and getting responces for about 6 weeks but no results. KXVA just became available in HD from the 61.5 yesterday and we still have no correct guide info for an HD KXVA (Fox).

My guide is like this now:

15-1 OTA KXVA - has program info in guide but it's for some channel I don't know... certainly not KXVA

15-0 KXVA HD - just says 'KXVA HD' where there's usually program titles

15-0 KXVA SD - has correct KXVA program content.

How messed up is that?

That is certainly messed up, to say the least.

It took about 4 or 5 days after dishquality email replied to me before the guide was corrected when our local CW moved to it final digital channel back in February.

DTV pal

Dish CSR misinformed you, as Dish blocks the psip information in the receivers. That is why you have to pay them for locals or your guide will say digital channel on all of the OTA locals. Dish takes the information from the sd local they provide and remaps it to the OTA local in the guide.

It may be that they are confusing the VIP units with the DTV PAL sytem. I'm pretty sure the latter does use PSIP information protocol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts