Sat Motor on a OTA antenna

wizard101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Has anyone tried to attach a dish motor to a OTA antenna? I in vision my Stab motor attached to the dish mast (above the dish) and aligned plum. On it attached a pole and my omni OTA HD antenna. If I connected the motor input to a switch and used a diplexer on the antenna feed I should be able to control the OTA antenna direction on say SW4 and use SW1-3 for normal FTA. Any thoughts?

Maybe. It's recommeded to have switches after the motor, because of how much current the motor would be pulling through the switch. So what you're saying is you would define some "OTA" satellites in your receiver that in reality were switch port 4 and each would be a particular location of the motor? Interesting.

Why not just use an antenna rotator designed for that purpose?

Thinking out loud - perhaps this type of setup would better facilitate building an OTA receiver that could automatically rotate the antenna to "best reception" position(s) for many different OTA channels. This would facilitate "channel flipping" as well as DVRing various OTA programming from many sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts