Satelite 129 problems on dish 1000.2 Vip 211 tuner

jrheyerly

Original poster
May 10, 2010
oregon
I am having trouble tuning satellite 129 on a dish 1000.2. I tuned all three satellites 110, 119, and 129 with an Acutrac III plus meter. Scan mode with the Acutrac gave 50 - 60 readings on all three satellites.

The tuner a VIP 211, however would not recognize the signal from satellite 129, using the point dish function. Any suggestions on what to check? Check switch only recognizes 110 and 119. the signal from 110 and 119 are strong, but the box will not lock on 129 in point dish mode.

The Acutrac meter is able to switch between all three satellites or display all three individually from port #1. Should I block off the 110 and 119 lnb's and then take a reading?

Any advice would be helpful.

Last edited:
What will a software download do and how do you execute the download function with the receiver? would I have better luck with 211k or 222k receiver?

Boba is probably right, it probably is a software issue. The download will enable the receiver to look for and recognize the 129 orbital location. The software in the receiver determines what it will look for and recognize.
First, check the cable from the dish to the receiver. Having the wrong type of splice (or a splitter) can also cause a satellite to "drop off." Splices should be done with an F81 type splice rated at 3Ghz.
Is this a new, unactivated box? If so, go ahead and do the check switch and confirm the 119 & 110. After you do this, select "done" (I think) and if it is a new, unactivated box, it will tell you it needs to do the download. Tell it yes, and let it do its thing. After it gets through, run another check switch and the 129 should be there. If everything is ok on all 3 orbital locations, then you're ready to activate.
If it is a previously activated receiver -
Menu - preferences - updates - (I think....can't recall the 211 menu from memory) and then use the big red button on the remote to power the receiver off and then leave it. AFter a little while, it should do the update.

Reactions: rogc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts