Satellite 2 searching error 771?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

momof3b1g

Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Mn
We had to get a new DVR. Its the DVR plus, got through set up. But we only have one cable in and we are getting the searching for satellite on the 2nd in port. We don't use. So how do I get that off the screen?

We had to get a new DVR. Its the DVR plus, got through set up. But we only have one cable in and we are getting the searching for satellite on the 2nd in port. We don't use. So how do I get that off the screen?

Need more details ...
What is the actual model number ? HRxx ?

Push the DASH button and tell us what it says.

This will help diagnosing.

Sat dish and type will be in the info you give us.

Need more details ...
What is the actual model number ? HRxx ?

Push the DASH button and tell us what it says.

This will help diagnosing.

Sat dish and type will be in the info you give us.

?R15-300

You have to tell the two-tuner DVR to use only one Tuner. IIRC, this is done in the guided setup after you choose the dish type.

If you're doing this to spite the second tuner, you'll probably regret it at some point in the future. The DVR will work better with both tuners active.

You have to tell the two-tuner DVR to use only one Tuner. IIRC, this is done in the guided setup after you choose the dish type.

If you're doing this to spite the second tuner, you'll probably regret it at some point in the future. The DVR will work better with both tuners active.

Yea I had a feeling it was needing to chnage it to single, from dual. So all is good now. Now to find out why the screensaver keeps coming on.

What do you mean by better?

What do you mean by better?
Better as in it will be less likely to interrupt your viewing when a timer is about to fire.

Better as in getting guide data more consistently while the DVR is "on" (especially since it is apparent that the TS favors leaving it on long enough for the screen saver to pop up).

I'm pretty sure you knew these and other reasons.

The answer to this was clearly stated in the second sentence of the OP.

So, you can't read either .... :D

It's the 3rd sentence !!!

"We had to get a new DVR. Its the DVR plus, got through set up. But we only have one cable in and we are getting the searching for satellite on the 2nd in port. We don't use. So how do I get that off the screen? "

Well, that explains the error message he's getting on the screen for tuner 2.

Just curious, what happens if he moves the Sat feed from Sat 1 in, to Sat 2 in ?

So, you can't read either .... :D

It's the 3rd sentence !!!

"We had to get a new DVR. Its the DVR plus, got through set up. But we only have one cable in and we are getting the searching for satellite on the 2nd in port. We don't use. So how do I get that off the screen? "

Well, that explains the error message he's getting on the screen for tuner 2.

Just curious, what happens if he moves the Sat feed from Sat 1 in, to Sat 2 in ?

I never tried it, but I assume it wouldn't work, otherwise they wouldn't designate Sat 1 as the swm input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)