Satellite AV Contest - GEOSATpro SL1PLL - Enter to Win - Drawing on 7/23/2012

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes!

All prizes have been claimed and are shipped. We look forward to the honest testing results and comparisons to your current LNBFs.

beer4me you make me fell off my chair laughing with that coment you make in#52.i was shock when i saw my name.can wait to test.
Glad to see you took it in the way it was intended . I have tried , but typing just doesn't come across like a voice. Some days , humour is all that keeps me going. But , let's not let anyone know. Congrats again, and , I'll look forward to the test results.

So is the general consensus so far that this is the best Ku LNBF a mere mortal hobbyist can buy? If so, I probably need to order some.

From the pictures, it looks like putting a custom feedhorn on the LNB would be a chore, if even possible, not to mention voiding the lifetime warranty.

Maybe one of the reviewers/winners can tell us how hard it is to disassemble and whether replacing the stock feedhorn with one customized for their specific dish makes any difference.

Last edited:
Wanna trade delivery dates, Ice? Of course you'd have to move here to Arizona, 105 to 115 heat daily, way down to 70 as a low last night, and then it may be getting sent from California, that could make the difference.

And the 31st IS my Birthday (smile).
110 and like 3% humidity there or 92 with dewpoints in the 70's (heat index of 99 or so)....lows in the low 70's here

sure what the hey ;)

Friday Morning, approx 6:30 AM.

I just got off the phone with FedEx and there is a package with my name on it at their distribution center, and it is directly on my way to work.

I am leaving a little earlier this morning so I can stop and pick it up.

I think that officially makes mine THE FIRST TO ARRIVE.

Photto

Well, they were loading the truck when I called and it was due to be delivered today, but there won't be anyone here to receive it, and I lock the front gate when I leave, so ... why leave it out on the street when I can have it securely in my car for the day ... right?

Photto

OK, Brian, you called it an interception, but in any case, IT IS HERE now. I got home a while ago, but it's way too hot to be outside right now at 105 degrees.

I have a perfect place to use it, on a 4' dish I received FROM the operators at the FedEx yard. I have been looking at this dish for almost a year, and now I have the perfect place to mount this new LNB.

And I'll show pictures when I get it going.

Photto

(and yeah, I am excited about this)

Looking forward to your review Phottoman, you will absolutely love it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts