Satellite Dish Cover

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bartman1999

Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I saw this in the local paper today. A mesh cover for your satellite dish. I looked around quickly on the Internet, but didn't really find much. I thought you guys may have some ideas about the covers (do they interfere at all?) and maybe where I could get them (gift for my brother...Iowa and Raiders, don't ask...). I have gotten so much from this site that I thought if I could repay anyone for all the help with a purchase or two, I would gladly do it.

I saw this in the local paper today. A mesh cover for your satellite dish. I looked around quickly on the Internet, but didn't really find much. I thought you guys may have some ideas about the covers (do they interfere at all?) and maybe where I could get them (gift for my brother...Iowa and Raiders, don't ask...). I have gotten so much from this site that I thought if I could repay anyone for all the help with a purchase or two, I would gladly do it.

I also did not initially find much, but we have compiled a few choices. There is another post (http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-hd-discussions/103802-dish-skins-covers.html) with continuing conversation about different conmpanies and what is offered. Some only offer College teams, some only Pro Teams (NFL/NHL), and some only offer for E* exclusively or D* exclusively.

Good luck and send pix when installed... :)

Thank you. I should have done a search in the forums first. I guess I thought this was unique and no one had discussed it yet. I should have known better.

I saw you in the other forum. If you find a Duke cover, definitely let me know. I will begin dropping hints to my brother as a gift. There is not a lot of Duke stuff in the heart of Big 10/11 country and specifically in the heart of OSU territory. At least I got to watch the Big Ten games today. Great start for BTN with App. State and Michigan. No need to mention Duke and football, right?

I saw you in the other forum. If you find a Duke cover, definitely let me know. I will begin dropping hints to my brother as a gift. There is not a lot of Duke stuff in the heart of Big 10/11 country and specifically in the heart of OSU territory. At least I got to watch the Big Ten games today. Great start for BTN with App. State and Michigan. No need to mention Duke and football, right?

Is there ever really a reason to mention Duke and Football in the same sentence? :D Most of my friends who are ACC fans look forward to early fall as a time to "stick it to me" with their teams beating Duke on the gridiron. Me, I take solace in the fact that "my team" graduates all its players, and not with fake degrees. My guys can ties their shoes and spell their names all by themselves.

But back on topic, the DishRags.com site does in fact have a Duke skin. I think they actually have the entire ACC, and IIRC, they have the major players in the SEC, Big 10/1, and Big East. Didn't really pay too much attention to non-ACC logos/mascots, but they had several to choose from in each league.

Oh, and sorry, the link is actually dishrags.us, not dishrags.com.

They don't interfere......and may help.

So will a plastic trash bag. Both keep ice from forming on the dish...or at least make it easier to remove. Just womp it one and the ice will fall off. Don't climp on an icy roof...snowball!

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hr20 remote help

New to DirecTV, questions about upgrading HD receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)