Pansat Satellite dish/LNB recommendation for Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Georgios

Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Laval, Quebec
Hi everyone!

Which satellite dish would you recommend for Galaxy 19? What about the GEOSATpro 90 cm / 36 inch with the GEOSATpro SL1PLL - 0.5 Linear HD LNBF?

I live in an apartment so I can't get the C-band, is the above dish truly the best on the market? (for the 36 inch size) What about the above LNB?

The dish is for one receiver only. I had a slightly larger dish than above before (36 inches wide and 39 inches long), but after 15 years it stopped working; I assume that's normal..

Is there a motor that works in -31 F / -35 C temperatures? I would like to buy a good-quality dish that doesn't rust that fast, isn't a cheap generic; what do you recommend?

G-19 is a pretty strong satellite from my experience. I wouldn't think you'd need anything bigger than a 76cm dish to pick that up (depending on your location). That being said, I have the GeoSat Pro 90cm dish and it is excellent. Durable, commercial quality. You can find them on Ebay for less than $100 shipped, and they usually include a GeoSat SL1PLL LNB for free. If not, I have some used ones I could sell you if you don't want to buy them brand new.

Reactions: Georgios and KE4EST
Thanks a lot for all of your input.

I want to ask, does it weaken the signal if there's some rust on the dish? I have the old 92 cm dish (instead of 90cm), if I buy a new geosat LNB, would it still work well if there's some rust on the dish?

Thanks a lot for all of your input.

I want to ask, does it weaken the signal if there's some rust on the dish? I have the old 92 cm dish (instead of 90cm), if I buy a new geosat LNB, would it still work well if there's some rust on the dish?

It's possible if it's really bad rust. Just use some steel wool or a wire brush to scrub off the rust, and repaint that part with some Rustoleum, or a rust preventing paint.

I've uploaded some pics, is the bad rust you're talking about? what do you think?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 252
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 224
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 259
Nice dish . The rust shouldn’t be a problem. Make sure to do a warp test by laying one string horizontally and by laying another string vertically. If they touch, they you’ll be good to go. If they don’t, you’ll need to find a way to “dewarp” the dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Georgios
I just installed the GEOSATpro SL1PLL - 0.5 Linear HD LNBF I bought with the old dish (pics above) however I'm not getting a signal. I've pointed the dish in the right direction, the right dish elevation and I'm not getting anywhere; for the signal reception I get a low 34% for the level and a constant 0% for the quality. (I'm trying to tune into Galaxy 19: 97.0 West)

These are the diagnostic steps I took:

1) As mentioned I bought a new LNB, I got no result with that.

2) I went on sites, such as, GeoSatFinder.com to find the correct aiming coordinates for my place, I got nowhere; I moved the dish in many positions and then quality stays 0%.

3) I turned the receiver on and off many times and I did a factory reset; that did nothing.

4) I went online to make sure the LNB frequency and transponder numbers were correct; my research showed that they were correct; I played around with different TPs, and the quality stayed at 0%. I read that TP 12152 is underwhelming compared to TP 12090; so I changed it to the latter and that did nothing.

5) Then I thought, maybe the signal is not getting through the coaxial cable properly. When I removed the satellite cable from the receiver the signal level went down to a constant 32% with no fluctuations at all, when I put the satellite cable back into the receiver the signal started fluctuating from 32% to 36%. I'm running an OTA antenna and a satellite dish through the same cable using diplexers on both ends. Therefore I removed both diplexers and ran a straight cable from the dish into the receiver, again that did nothing.

6) On my receiver Galaxy 19 is still named as Galaxy 25, however the degree is correct, 97.0 West; so I know that's not the issue.

Any ideas on what the problems is? I have attached 3 photos from my tv screen to show you the satellite info. Are the numbers on the antenna setup page correct?

I have to mention that a year ago when the signal just died out, the dish had not been moved in any direction and no new building went up in front of my apartment.

Also which signal tester do you recommend? (Sorry for the number of queries, but I tried my best to solve this by myself and I kept running into dead ends)

Attachments

• 20180825_185629.jpg
    20180825_185629.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 20180825_185659.jpg
    20180825_185659.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 20180825_191052.jpg
    20180825_191052.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 212
The signal level only tells you if your LNB is working or not. Are you out aligning with your TV, or do you have a helper to tell you the quality readings? Are you using a DiSEqC switch? If your not, then you should set it to OFF.

The signal level only tells you if your LNB is working or not. Are you out aligning with your TV, or do you have a helper to tell you the quality readings? Are you using a DiSEqC switch? If your not, then you should set it to OFF.

I am using a helper to read the signal levels, but I can still see signal levels from the screen door. I've tried switching the DiSEqC switch off before, but that hasn't worked; I 'll go try again.

I just switched it off, but no result.

If you check the picture with the aiming coordinates, it says the LNBF should be turned at 21.2 degrees, I tried both the 0 and 21.2 position, but no result.

All your settings seem correct, so its just a matter of sweeping the sky untill you find a signal. Turn off the DiSEqC on your reciever. You wont find anything with it on. Also,set the skew at 21.2 degrees. Make sure that you have a unobstructed view of the southern sky. I’d reccomend using an phone app to check your LOS and to get a general idea of where the satellite is.

I'm not getting a signal. I've pointed the dish in the right direction, the right dish elevation

For the dish elevation: how did you set the elevation angle? Did you take into account that you have an offset dish?
Might be a stupid question by me, but I've seen that go wrong in some cases.

I always use a cheap sat-beeper, to find "a" satellite signal.
A satellite beeper indicates to receive a signal in a certain direction, long before a receiver does.

Diseqc ON is only a problem, when your receiver keeps trying to send a diseqc command when you don't get a 'lock'.
In a simple case of dish aiming this usually doesn't cause a problem. If you have no luck with aiming, do it without a switch, and witch diseqc commands OFF.
And in your case, if you have no switch, there is no need for a diseqc command anyway.

Hope this helps,

Greetz,
A33

Edit: Did you use the map of dishpointer.com for aiming? I find it very helpfull. You can very precisely choose your dish location, and look for aiming points on the map.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)