Satellite guys Exclusive! Mad Scientist! 129 ON BOTH SUPERDISHES!

Did you need to change any of your settings on the 942? Or did it automatically detect 129?

You can bet I will be playing this weekend. Let's hope I can get it here in the North East.

I took it off of super in the point dish screen and unchecked super in the switch matrix sence i wasnt running fss anymore. other than that everything was plug and play. Anyone know what those tp freaqs are im trying to point im FTA that way and im not picking up those tps when i scan 129... I dont think im on it exactly

They must be making 129 available to all receivers because they plan on adding analog locals to Echostar 5 at the 129 slot. Possibly a swap of locals from the 36 markets that have their locals split over two sat locations. That is the only thing I can figure out, if they are adding to all dish receivers. If it was for hd or mpeg4 ,only the hd receivers would be able to see it.

its possable that they have plans of doing hd and lil there.. after all look at how many recivers can see 110/119 when there is hd there yet the non hd recivers dont see it.. but i can say that it will be a safe bet to say lil is going there.

A dish 500 should be able to pick up 129 and 119.

I made a few attempts with my SuperDish105. I'm calling it a SuperDish1105. :D

I wasn't able to get 129 to lock up on this arrangement on my first trys and the mosquitos are too thick to keep trying tonight. But I was able to keep 119 via the twin LNB and got a 50 on 129 while hand holding the dual LNB to the right of the bracket. I may try again some day.

I've settled for installing my old D500 and pointing it at 129-119. It is a lot easier than mounting another LNB as an outrigger on the outrigger. And the new D500 location has a better LOS to 129 than my SD105 location.

JL

Good Job Mad Scientists!

To reward you guys, you have been given a big shot out on our homepage! :)

Good work by all and a special non of the admin hat to GoalieBob who was the first to report that his creation was alive!! :D

I'm not sure that they'll move Voom 21 to 110/119. That is, unless they do it using MPEG4, or they can move Rainbow1 to 119 or 129 without ruining all its fancy spotbeams and having the licenses to run more transponders. I say 119 or 129 because 110 is getting the soon to be launched EchoStar 10. If it turns out that they won't move Voom 21 to 110/119, I think it makes since to keep Voom on the Voom satellite (Rainbow 1), and mirrored on 148. I bet that some HD LILs will go on 61.5 because there isn't enough room on 105, 110, 121, and soon 129 for every DMA in HD. Or maybe E* won't have every DMA in HD, since Congress will allow HD distant networks next year. And OTA is a great solution for lots of people (except me).

Scott Greczkowski said:
Good Job Mad Scientists!

To reward you guys, you have been given a big shot out on our homepage! :)

Good work by all and a special non of the admin hat to GoalieBob who was the first to report that his creation was alive!! :D

These superdish 1000's are awsome expecally on the 105 side of the house.. I think this is a sign of things to come.. If anything pops on that bird I dont want to miss a beat.. Expecally if its a sniff of HD!!!!!!!!!!!

how would you point a dish 500, with a single lnbf, I tried connecting the dish straight to the 301 receiver, that didn't work, so I connected the dish 500 to a dp34 switch with 119 and 105, ran check switch, got conn in satellite, x in polarity and sgl in device. I used an elevation of 48.6 and azimuth of 186.0 , no skew, my zip is 91739. On the dish pointing menu I select satellite 129 trans 15, I move the dish 500 a little, but the signal strenght says I'm on the wrong satellite 119, which the superdish is, what I'm I doing wrong. HELP

your azmuth is 199 elevation is 48.5... Nice hit out there in cali.. move that dish 500 / aka 300 more west... and you should hit it with no problems.. are you using a sat meter? It beats using the point dish screen.. also if your hitting 119 your mast maybe unlevel. you might have to raise that elevation a bit to conpensate. make sure that the skew on the sd is set to 0.. as your not hitting two sats. only one. if your using it to hit 119 and 129 then your on your own becase i have no idea what type of skew you would need to accompish that.

kavula said:
I'm not sure that they'll move Voom 21 to 110/119. That is, unless they do it using MPEG4, or they can move Rainbow1 to 119 or 129 without ruining all its fancy spotbeams and having the licenses to run more transponders. I say 119 or 129 because 110 is getting the soon to be launched EchoStar 10. If it turns out that they won't move Voom 21 to 110/119, I think it makes since to keep Voom on the Voom satellite (Rainbow 1), and mirrored on 148. I bet that some HD LILs will go on 61.5 because there isn't enough room on 105, 110, 121, and soon 129 for every DMA in HD. Or maybe E* won't have every DMA in HD, since Congress will allow HD distant networks next year. And OTA is a great solution for lots of people (except me).

I think they will use the Rainbow 1 where it is , for hd locals with all the spotbeams they have on that bird. As far as moving Voom to the main slots I think that makes a lot of sense. They want all their hd together on the same dish. I lot of people can't see the 61.5 sat and vice a versa on 148 so it would make a lot of sense to put hd where it will have a stronger signal and won't be effected by rainfade as much as the 61.5 sat dish is. Once they consolidate the split markets on locals in the 36 markets effected, I really don't know what they will use the 61.5 /148 satellite slots for except for local markets. They can still use a side sat dish for local markets as long as the dma is not split over two dishes. I would love it if they would use the side satellite dishes to finish up the rest of the country 's locals like my area in Beaumont/Pt. Arthur Texas area. :cool:

As far as Echostar 10 satellite- has anyone heard if it is ready or when it will launch? OR is it still just vaporware?

I dont think its vaporware because keep in mind that dish does have a fleet of aging sats.. and they need replacement... I think any sats they launch from now on will be replacements for those aging sats..

kavula said:
E10 is a very nice satellite ... still waiting for all the details on it, but worst case it is much better that E8. I believe there will be room for MPEG4 HD there once they get the spotbeams reorganized.

Put core channels on 119 extended core and HD on 110. LIL markets entirely on 119 or 110 spotbeams are done with a Dish500. Other LIL markets need a SuperDish105, SuperDish121 *OR* Dish1000 to get their locals. A few cases (such as wanting internationals or eventually LIL HD) would lead to a second dish - but most could live in a single dish world.

If you put HD on 119 you will have to bump core channels over to 110. At this point 110 is not required until one subscribes to AT180 unless one has locals on 110 (or want multiple additional PPV options or have a PVR and want the 9 day guide). They have put a couple of new AT60 channels on 110 but they are not the best channels (TVGuide, BingoTV and shopping channels come to mind). If you put HD on 129 you have to come up with a two dish solution or mad scientist design for people with locals on 105/121.

The easiest thing to do is dedicate 129 to locals - and eventually HD locals for the same markets. Avoid four slot systems and never have a five slot. It is a decent plan.

JL

MikeD-C05 said:
As far as Echostar 10 satellite- has anyone heard if it is ready or when it will launch? OR is it still just vaporware?

In a Charlie Chat a few months back, I believe it was mentioned that E-10 would launch in late summer although a recent Dish (Echostar) financial report had it launching in the 4th quarter of 2005 which is what is shown on LyngSat. The lack of any additional information such as the launch vehicle to be used is very unusual. There maybe several reasons for Dish to be tight-lipped about E-10. It could be related to competition with DirecTV or it could be that the FCC is still developing rules from the SHREVA legislation and Dish doesn't want the extra capacity of E-10 to influence these rules. Dish also maybe waiting until the acquisition of R-1 is approved which should occur before the end of August based on the FCC timeline.

goaliebob99 said:
I dont think its vaporware because keep in mind that dish does have a fleet of aging sats.. and they need replacement... I think any sats they launch from now on will be replacements for those aging sats..

Don't forget that Dish has a lease option with SES Americom for AMC-14, a DBS satellite that was planned to be launched to 105.5 W (a tweener DBS slot) in early 2006 according to LyngSat. I think Dish will have use of this satellite even if the 105.5 W tweener slot is not approved by the FCC. E-11 is also scheduled to be launched in early 2007. Dish does need to put something at 157 W in the next few years as well.

The setup I'm using is the 105 superdish with only 119 no 110 and a dish 300 for 61.5 into a dp34 switch, I removed the 61.5 and connected the dish 500, fitted for a single lnbf, to the dp34 switch, then run the check switch test and got the above thread result. Don't I have to subtract 14 from 199 azimuth, for magnetic declination at my location? No I don't have a satellite meter, I was using just the point dish screen. Do I need to rerun the check switch test each time I adjust the dish 500, or do I just keep adjusting the dish 500, a little at a time, until I'm on 129? Thank for the help.

105 superdish 1000

Got it running.. 129 lnb needs to be about 5.5 inches center to center from 119 .. just stick a 2x2 (which is really 1.5 x 1.5) in between the two duals and its good to go with some tweaking.

Attachments

• 100_1319.JPG
    100_1319.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 516
  • 100_1321.JPG
    100_1321.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 705

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)