Satellite guys Exclusive! Mad Scientist! 129 ON BOTH SUPERDISHES!

Scott
I tried all the settings

-superdish only
-superdish &alt
-Alt only
-non clicked

same thing on all of them.....But what is weird is it still passes it through the swicth because on the screengrab that is with the sw-21 installed :)

I've got a few laying around ...have to try that :)
But whats weird is the signal does come through the switch. I know when I had a bad switch, the 2nd port wouldn’t show when trying to get the signal

justalurker said:
BTW: My 301s and 501 all have 129 back on the menu. Wasn't there a couple of days ago.

JL
How is that possible? .. as there was no new s/w upgrade for those (not as far as i know)...

Or they can add something as... 129 to the menu there.. without even a new s/w upgrade?

hmmmmm

[EDIT] ... hehe - i just checked .. my 301-010s have 129 there also .. - and i didn't even know nor checked previously :smug

goaliebob99 said:
maybe it was a hidden software feature

Another term for a bug! :)

Iceberg, any luck on that 129 setup on a 500? if I am reading that correctly you were picking up 129 on a D500 that was already getting 110 and 119 by straping the extra lnb to the left side of the d500 lnb?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong and just reading it incorrectly.

I didnt get to adding the different SW21 last night....IT WAS HOT OUT!!! :)

But it does work because I hooked it up to my Free to Air box and got signal (and the transponders posted originally) and when I use the Dish receiver and go to 129 in the signal install screwen it does pick it up through the switch.

Maybe it’s a glitch for Legacy right now….There is no “You have a dish at 129” so we can’t show the screenshot (unless I’m wrong there)

Can anyone see a “You have a dish at 129” screen like they do for 105 & 121?

Darkman said:
Or they can add something as... 129 to the menu there.. without even a new s/w upgrade?
Welcome to reality.

There is no reason to make satellite selection changes require a full software update. Perhaps in the past when the full list of satellites were on the screen at one time for your selection, but all it is is a list that should be able to be populated as easy as the EPG is changed. There are tables built in to the MPEG2 standards to handle this function (defining transponders within the system).

In this case, they initially opened up 129 for all transponders then later shut down most legit receivers ability to select anything except 15-16-17. All wothout changing from the last software upgrade. BTW: Opening up the Voom transponders on 61.5 to be selected on receivers was also done without a software update. (Although there was an update that was close to the opening of those tranponders in Point Dish.)

JL

I pulled a previously activated 301 out that I usually use for tuning dishes (had newest software) but no 129 spot.

Put the LNB near 129 and there was a screen that said something like “Please wait until we verify the satellite” and then 129 popped in as an option : )

Iceberg said:
I pulled a previously activated 301 out that I usually use for tuning dishes (had newest software) but no 129 spot.

Put the LNB near 129 and there was a screen that said something like “Please wait until we verify the satellite” and then 129 popped in as an option : )
I had the same thing happen to me when I embarassingly used my cheap sat finder to point my Superdish and I was getting 129 on the 119 LNB.

I do recall 129 was not an option, then, I was getting a green bar on T17!

goaliebob99 said:
maybe it was a hidden software feature

Yup..looks like in the latest software they added a feature to update the satellite positions and transponders in memory without a software update. Take a mem dumped IRD(menu,6,3,info,right,left,tv/video,ok,unplug), you will not see 129. Let it pickup a signal and it will update the list and 129 will pop up.

digiblur said:
Yup..looks like in the latest software they added a feature to update the satellite positions and transponders in memory without a software update. Take a mem dumped IRD(menu,6,3,info,right,left,tv/video,ok,unplug), you will not see 129. Let it pickup a signal and it will update the list and 129 will pop up.

? My 921 and 522 both have 129 and I didn't have to do anything. There were just there. I didn't ahve to reset or dump anything.

Ahh, but my 301 does NOT have 129 as an option and it has been hooked up all along. it has 2.07 on it. My 921 didn't have 129 until 218 and my 522 had it on software 2.51. The reason I said I didn't have to do anything was in refence to what digiblur said. I did the dump on my 301 and it does not have 129 and it has signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)