Satellite guys Exclusive! Mad Scientist! 129 ON BOTH SUPERDISHES!

Has anybody had any problems with this? I do not see why anybody would use the DPP44 switch if this works just fine. I thought I read in a thread earlier this year where there may be intermittent problems.

Stargazer said:
Has anybody had any problems with this? I do not see why anybody would use the DPP44 switch if this works just fine. I thought I read in a thread earlier this year where there may be intermittent problems.
Unh. What's the "this"?

It started my post on a new page, doh! No wonder why your asking me what I am talking about.

What I was asking was if someone had any issues using the DP-21 switch cascaded off of a DP-34 switch to get a fourth bird in on a receiver.

I've had no problems at all. I've had mine connected about a year. I'm only using one dp-21. The other 3 ports all have recvrs as well. I've heard more people have issues with more than one dp-21 cascaded off the 34. In that case the 21's might block some power going to the 34?

Last edited:
I wonder if the same thing can be done with a Dish1000? It would seem as if it had a built in DPP-34 switch and I would think that one could go off of one of the outputs to the receiver to connect into one side of the DP-21 switch and the other side go to the other satellite dish.

I don't understand the switch part so can someone please answer this question.
I have a D500 and 61.5 (for internationals), 2 receivers 301 and a 2800. I want to get HD and buy one of the new receivers. I have it wired right now for two receivers downstairs (office and living room), and 2 rooms upstairs (not hooked up currently but will be soon). I would like to keep my current receivers. I was told my ideal setup would be Super Dish 121 and 61.5 . Does this sound correct? I was under the impression that 121 will carry a lot more international programming. I want to be able to get my Internationals mainly south asian and all available HD in my area (Nashville, TN). Oh and don't forget HD locals once they come out. I am confused about what HD channels are gonna be on what dish as from what i understand is some HD will be on 61.5 and the Mpeg4 HD will be on another.
Also what switches would I need? Do I have to have Dp switches or can I keep my SW's. AAAARRRRRRRRRgh help me please god, help me it is the holiday season.

Thanks for any help and have a Happy New Year, this site is brilliant.

mruk69 said:
I don't understand the switch part so can someone please answer this question.
I have a D500 and 61.5 (for internationals), 2 receivers 301 and a 2800. I want to get HD and buy one of the new receivers. I have it wired right now for two receivers downstairs (office and living room), and 2 rooms upstairs (not hooked up currently but will be soon). I would like to keep my current receivers. I was told my ideal setup would be Super Dish 121 and 61.5 . Does this sound correct? I was under the impression that 121 will carry a lot more international programming. I want to be able to get my Internationals mainly south asian and all available HD in my area (Nashville, TN). Oh and don't forget HD locals once they come out. I am confused about what HD channels are gonna be on what dish as from what i understand is some HD will be on 61.5 and the Mpeg4 HD will be on another.
Also what switches would I need? Do I have to have Dp switches or can I keep my SW's. AAAARRRRRRRRRgh help me please god, help me it is the holiday season.

Thanks for any help and have a Happy New Year, this site is brilliant.
You probably should wait a while until we all find out more about HD LiL.

I'm thinking your current setup is a Legacy Twin, with the wing dish tied in via SW-21s. OR, DP-Twin and DP-21s.

A StupiDish comes with a DP34, and if your wing dish is DishPro, and you only need it for one or two HD receivers, you can use the DP-21s on the receiver side of the DP34 to tie in the wing dish.

I didn't see the pix of the modification, are they still posted?

What will it take to convert a 105 Superdish to pickup 110, 119, 129, or is it even possible?

Baltimore locals will be moving off 105 soon, so I figured it is time to play!

I think the pictures got nuked in the upgrade we did a couple months ago

Yes its possible...just put a LNB next to the 119 LNB (you might need a small spacer of wood to get it at 129) and use hoseclamp to clamp it together.

Is the 105 LNB useable for 129, or will I need a different type?

I have an old Dish500 that I can pull the lnb's off.

Does anyone still have the pix of the conversion?

Thanks,

Look at page 2 post #40. This is what I am attempting. I don't want to remove the 105 lnb until E* announces what it is doing with the satellite its moving to 118.75.

Now that alot of markets are off 105 or soon to be, has anyone converted their Superdish over to 129 yet, or going to soon?

If so, let me know how it goes, I'm gonna try and convert it over Saturday, if the weather looks good.

Don't really need it yet, but now that Baltimore is off of 105, it is just wasted anyway.

Thanks all. :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)