Satellite Radio/DirecTV Combiner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

winesmile

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Has anybody used the combiner to enable the use of one RG6 to carry the signal of both DBS and Sat Radio?

I've go a 5LNB set up with about 8 DTV receivers, but just one that I'll be combining the Sat Radio signal from a Denon AVR-1901 on out to the roof antenna.

Seems pretty straight forward, but just thought I'd get some feedback from some who have gone before me.

Thanks!

Oh, it can be done... Just asking if any of you have done it...

So the Sirius is model number 14250. In includes 2 diplexers - one for combining the signal at the AVR end and one for splitting the signal at the roof end going to the DirecTV dish and the Sirius ant.

New question: what splitter should I use when I have one Sirius Radio Antenna and 2 Sirius receivers coming up to the roof? The 14250 comes with a splitter that will only accommodate one receiver - is there one that will accommodate 2-3-4 receivers??

Oh, it can be done... Just asking if any of you have done it...

So the Sirius is model number 14250. In includes 2 diplexers - one for combining the signal at the AVR end and one for splitting the signal at the roof end going to the DirecTV dish and the Sirius ant.

New question: what splitter should I use when I have one Sirius Radio Antenna and 2 Sirius receivers coming up to the roof? The 14250 comes with a splitter that will only accommodate one receiver - is there one that will accommodate 2-3-4 receivers??
According to a couple of posts I saw from people who had tried it this will not work with the new HD channels from DirecTV10 and DirecTV11.

According to Wikipedia, the Sirius IF is 75Mhz which represents a small gap between TV channels 4 & 5. As DIRECTV's band stacking scheme only goes down to about 250MHz, it might work assuming that the signal isn't killed through insertion loss of frequency limitations.

Here's a detailed case history from a DISH Network subscriber: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/50125-dish-sirius-ota-one-wire.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)