not sure if

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sponner

Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
las vegas nv
hi all this is my first post and need some advice.

do i own the receivers and just lease the card or what? thinking of getting some receivers off E bay, but not sure how all this pricing stuff works. just trying to same some money in the long run. thanks john

btw i've been reading the forum for two hours and can't find the info i'm looking for.

It all depends on what receivers you are planning on getting off of ebay. Can you please let us know what receivers you are looking into.

I believe it was Feb '06 that D* changed from owned rec's to leased rec's.
anything you get from Feb '06 forward is leased.
D* continues to own the Access Card as they have always done.

Jimbo

It all depends on what receivers you are planning on getting off of ebay. Can you please let us know what receivers you are looking into.
ok i have 3 d11-500 and i would like to get rid of the $15 a month lease fee by getting them from e-bay, if possible. i'm even going to get another receiver, for the garage/workshop. i have an extra dish just need receiver.

so i'm still confused about the card activation. will my cards now work in the e-bay units if i go that way?

Even if you get owned boxes,you will still have to pay the same in fees. It is just called additional rec. fee instead of lease fee.

As Darrel said.. the $4.99 after the 1st is always going to be there no matter what. If you only have 3 Standard Rec.. more than likely D* will send you a 4th for free (sans the 18 month contract and $4.99 per month) and likely will even give you a DVR free but would be an extra $9/$5 iper month to go that route. eBay isnt always a great deal on receivers unless your looking for older Tivos or older style boxes you may like better than the new ones.. but to get a D10,11,12 from eBay is a waste as they are free from D* or at the most $49.95.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)