satellite signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

leeman

Original poster
May 2, 2009
southern cal
I am setting up a new HD-DVR system with the slimline 5 satellite. Our local channels are not coming in and the networks (LA) come in during the day but randomly go out from time to time. My signals are as follows

99(s) 0%
99(c) 42% tuner 2 (tuner 1-0%)
101 88-86
103c 59, tuner 2 tuner 1-0%)
103s
110 86-86
119 85-85

I'm new at this and need help determining if this signal is strong enough or could it be another problem.

Your locals are from either 99s or 103s and with 0, you get no picture. The national networks are on 99c or 103c and with a very lower signal, there's the problem. In fact, 101, 110, and 119 are also low.

You should be able to get all strengths in the mid 80s and higher.

signal needs to be 95 or better , hddvr auto detects in setup not above 95 percent you will have to get a waiver....

?

I have no idea what you are getting at with this post. The signals are best when they are in the 90's, but mid 80's will do fine. What are you referring to when you say he needs to get a waiver? Waivers have to do with ota signal strength, not satellite signal strength. To the op, you do need to get your dish realigned, since your numbers on the 99 and 103 sat are virtually non-existent. Why not have Directv do it for you?

So martymar8118, are you going to explain your post or not?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts