satellite to go being launched

Status
Please reply by conversation.
review said:
As I said earlier... inside this base is a D11 receiver... As with EVERY DirecTV receiver... an access card is needed. Well... IMHO, this is one of the more fascinating advances with this unit.

The Access card is now a SIMM... Just like the ones used in our cell phones.
Small profile, sits under a panel... No longer the big credit card sized.
Why do I think that is cool... Did I mention it was the same size as the one in our Cell Phones?

LOL... I could do the same thing with a standard access card and a pair of scissors. Nothing crazy or mind boggling about a company take a smart card and putting into a SIM card size package.

Just some more satgo pics.

It's the size of a laptop.

Attachments

• 100_0539.JPG
    100_0539.JPG
    341.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_0540.JPG
    100_0540.JPG
    536.2 KB · Views: 97
I'd personally love one of these, but $1500 is just over the top crazy.

Most tailgaters / campers could build a better solution for far less, albeit not as elegant or foolproof.

This thing has "dud" written all over it.

I'd personally love one of these, but $1500 is just over the top crazy.

Most tailgaters / campers could build a better solution for far less, albeit not as elegant or foolproof.

This thing has "dud" written all over it.

From what I've heard, D* has sold out of the first run of this "dud" and is starting a wait list for orders.

From what I've heard, D* has sold out of the first run of this "dud" and is starting a wait list for orders.

I don't doubt it.If I was into tailgating,camping or going to the beach this is a must have for TV addicts.Of course to be able to take your Directv out by the table
by the pool like a laptop is very cool too.I could see this as a big sell item.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts