SatelliteGuys 4.0 (upgrade) Problem Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to change the icon colors on the left side of the screen? The blue and gray icons are too similar, making it difficult to see which threads have new messages.

I do not know if it is just me, since I do not see it mentioned, but each time I change pages, even in the middle of a multipage thread, I have to log back in.... NOT user friendly on slow speed internet.

I am having a similar issue. It doesn't make me login when I change pages but it appears to log me out if I am inactive for a period of time. I tend to keep Satteliteguys up in one of my tabs. I have had several times today that I came back to the tab after a while and was logged out. Is there an inactivity logout feature in this version? I never experienced this issue in the older version, I could leave it logged in all day and was never logged out that I recall.

Can't find the quick forum link that I used before. Used to pop up a list of forums to switch too.. Maybe I am just blind but I can't find it..
vBulletin has done away with the forum jump in vBulletin 4.0.

They now have a new version called Quick Navigation which can be found under the posts to the right above the quick reply box.

A lot of people at the vBulletin support are upset about this and in addition no one has found a way to have the Quick Navigation at the top and bottom of the thread. :(

Before the upgrade, whenever I launched the web browser and opened SatGuys, I'd see a welcome message with my name, telling me I'm logged in.

Can this be restored?

I lost PDA mode now loads much slower on my dial up. Is the font size smaller, my 62 year old eyes find it harder to read or is it a contrast problem? Now back to trying to read forums I've placed my bitch.

Before the upgrade, whenever I launched the web browser and opened SatGuys, I'd see a welcome message with my name, telling me I'm logged in.

Can this be restored?

It is still there. Look at the very top of the page.

I see

Good Morning Welcome, JAG72

Very nice overall.

If I am in the main forum page and I select 'new posts (entire site)' it properly excludes the forums I have hidden. However, if I select it from the search results page, it gives me everything, including the hidden forums.

I usually hit new posts just before I hit 'mark everything read' so I can see what was posted while I was going through the list.

Before, if I was done with a thread and just wanted to go back into the same forum, I would just click on the forum name in the FORUM JUMP/Quick Navigation at the bottom of the screen. That no longer works. It just brings up the list of forums to jump to, and then you have to find the same forum you are in. Very inconvenient.

I noticed that when I reply with multiple quotes, the next time I reply to someone the multiple quotes show up again.

Also, the system logs me out when I have it sit on hold for a while.

I haven't had this problem...picked-up the laptop after a coupe hours last night and again this morning and I was still logged-in. You may wish to logout and back in. Oh, if you're logging in at top right, there is a block you need to check to "remember me"...although there is no accompanying text associated with this block.

I noticed that when I reply with multiple quotes, the next time I reply to someone the multiple quotes show up again.

I haven't had this problem...picked-up the laptop after a coupe hours last night and again this morning and I was still logged-in. You may wish to logout and back in. Oh, if you're logging in at top right, there is a block you need to check to "remember me"...although there is no accompanying text associated with this block.

Test...

Doesn't say which mod deleted a post anymore

I hadn't regularly started browsing DBSTalk until recently, but watching football and revisiting a tab that was Satguys I thought it was DBStalk due to the new theme until I saw a post by Scott and did a double take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)