SatelliteGuys "Best In Show" Award

Too bad they never made the 522 available to dish customers w/out a lease. It's a sweet receiver for sure. 721 is the next best thing for now I guess.

ocaddict said:
Too bad they never made the 522 available to dish customers w/out a lease. It's a sweet receiver for sure. 721 is the next best thing for now I guess.

Yup why do you think we give away 721's in our chats? Because it IS the best receiver for sale from Dish at this time.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup why do you think we give away 721's in our chats? Because it IS the best receiver for sale from Dish at this time.
Isn't that just like DISH finally get the receiver to work the discontinue it. :)

I guess one has to get two 721's instead of one 522. You can get two 721's now for less than what one 721 cost when it first came out. You do not get charged the DVR fee and no additional outlet fee on the second tuner. Having two 721's would allow you to get more events recorded or to watch a show while an event is recording vs. having one 522 although you would get charged the additional outlet fee on tuner one for the second 721. You would also have twice the recording time. One 522 would cost $350 vs. $500 for two 721's. I think the better interface, extra two tuners and additional recording space is worth the extra money.

Dish Network has a promotion through the retailer where you can get one for $250. I do not know if you could find a retailer that would sell you a second one for that or not but I believe that is their cost for the receiver at this point in time and they would still make a little on the activation (although there are shipping costs). I seen some posted not long ago for $260 but those sold out.

Stargazer said:
Do the 522 receivers have usb ports in them?
Looks like no one ever did answer you, so, yes, they do have USB ports on them. I thought that was pretty obvious from the very first post in this thread, but....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)