SatelliteGuys MPEG4 Contest!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
He is a cable man then LOL!

Well, cable is not really an option for him..

He lives in Howell, MI...Howell is in the very most West part of the Detroit DMA, hard to believe it actually falls in the Detroit DMA really (seems like it would be Lansing, but it isnt)...

Charter is really, really bad in Howell...

Not one local net in HD!

I think hes gonna go the Starchoice route..

I just recently subbed to star Choice and I couldnt be happier with it...

I was scheduled for my install tomorrow morning. Michigan Microtech who does alot of the installs around here, called tonight and said they don't have the dish in. They have rescheduled me for Wednesday morning.

goaliebob99 said:
why dont they just put a pole in the ground... right next to the deck.. that would do the same thing.. after all i know i've personally did many superdishes like that..

The ground is 3 stories below, that would be one hell of a pole..

And I doubt the neighbors would appreciate that... :)

oh they "CALL" it a condo because that sounds better, but technically that is NOT a condo; those are really just owned apartments. now i get it!

charper1 said:
oh they "CALL" it a condo because that sounds better, but technically that is NOT a condo; those are really just owned apartments. now i get it!

Didn't you know the world revolves around marketing nowadays?

Whatever happened to the bucket-of-concrete method...

Assuming they even had the dishes (doubt it), and installed it at various houses, isn't it strange, in our small little corner of the net, to know that those people aren't on the net at any of the major satellite websites? Don't they take any interest in their television?

Looks like Proc has me beat, They also called me and wont be coming untill thursday, the wife took the call while I was out I guess I will have to let her know she may have cost us 50.00 bucks. Oh well!

charper1 said:
If he's paying *rent*, it's an apartment. If he has a mortgage against the place, it's a condo. I don't think they can call it something different in this case...

I have tons of friends in LA, SF, NYC and CHI that all OWN apartments in the city. Whether or not something is an apartment, condo, duplex/zero lot or house, is dependant on the way the structure is built and arranged on the property, not if you pay rent or own it (have a mortgage). Likewise I have even more friends that rent single family houses.

Proc said:
I was scheduled for my install tomorrow morning. Michigan Microtech who does alot of the installs around here, called tonight and said they don't have the dish in. They have rescheduled me for Wednesday morning.

Yeah...I experienced the same thing! Michigan Microtech called me this morning, as the install was scheduled between 8-12 Noon & they don't have the 5 LNP Dish! They assured me they will get them by Monday & the install has been rescheduled first thing in the morning on Tuesday! I have the H20 in hand & just need it hooked up!!!!

Sounds like these guys were not checking the tracking on their shipment or they were getting them via LTL without tracking and they scheduled all these installs based on a Friday delivery promise that did not happen. Weird thing is I had all my UPS packages scheduled for delivery yesterday get bumped to Monday; along with ship refunds.

charper1 said:

huh?

How is it different than a "real" condo?

guffy1 said:
Well, cable is not really an option for him..

He lives in Howell, MI...Howell is in the very most West part of the Detroit DMA, hard to believe it actually falls in the Detroit DMA really (seems like it would be Lansing, but it isnt)...

Charter is really, really bad in Howell...

Is downtown Howell Charter too (where I assume his condo is)? I am on the Howell/Pinckney border and that is my only cable option here. They have 3 piss-poor HD channels (ESPN, HDNET and one other) and they want $10/month for that "package".

I've held out with no DBS service since VOOM went under for the new H20 and MPEG4 service. I've purchased the H20 this morning from the Westland Best Buy and have hooked it up to my HDTV. I'm scheduled for the dish install on Wednesday. Michigan Microtech is doing the install and according to them their Novi office is getting the shipment of the larger dish this Tuesday. Hope they do a good job at installing. Don Lors did my voom install and did a good job. My voom dish is still on the roof!

Has anybody had this installed in Detroit yet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)