Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
WE ARE ON THE AIR!

Today, SatelliteGuys.US is proud to launch what we hope will be a new monthly feature to SatelliteGuys, we call it "SatelliteGuys News & Views" and is a 5 minute videocast with all of the latest Satellite News and Information!

newsview.jpg

The videocast can be see here at SatelliteGuys.US and it will also be broadcast globally on the Dr. Dish Television show!

To view this months premiere edition of "SatelliteGuys News and Views" you need Windows Media Player 9 or above.

CLICK ON ONE OF THE LINKS BELOW TO TUNE IN NOW!
DIAL UP USERS CLICK HERE TO VIEW (1.8MB File)
DSL USERS CLICK HERE TO VIEW (11.1 MB File)
CABLE MODEM USERS CLICK HERE TO VIEW (17.8 MB File)

We are also happy to announce that this program is Closed Captioned, to view the captions in Windows Media you need to turn on Captions which is an option under the Play Menu.

We hope you enjoy this new look into the world of Satellite News and look forward to your feedback!​

It is cool, modulo the fact that you look like a zombie reading the teleprompter :)

All in all, nice job :)

LER

I know I should have been wearing my glasses so I did not have to squint at the teleprompter as I was reading it. :)

The only reason I didn't wear glasses is because I was being lit by 2,500 watts of light, and didn't want the light to reflect into the camera.

I am not a newscaster, this I know. :D

Nice Job Scott! Excellent Production! Being this is the first episode of many more to come, here are my constructive criticisms:

- Get your eyes off the deck! I'm sure this was due to the location of your teleprompter so it will need to be move to eye level. I wouldn't wear sunglasses since they would would give you a cold, impersonal appearance.

- Is it possible for you to answer SatelliteGuys questions at the end of the show...you know, real "information packed" questions and not like the PR stuff at the end of a Charlie Chat.

Good ideas Jim,

I was squinting due to all the light (2,500 Watts worth) and I was also trying to quint to read the teleprompter (aka my laptop) :)

We were time limited on this one in order to get the part to DrDish for broadcast, I have a lot more things I wanted to add to it and will in the future, including video clips from Charlie Chats, and other goodies. :D

I like the idea of answering SatelliteGuys questions.

This software is VERY powerful, I can even broadcast LIVE using it (Complete with all the fancy graphics which can be added on the fly!)

Lots more to come, thanks for your feedback.

Yeah you need a really one way class mirror infront of a camera type teleprompter. The eye contact is really bad....

Also you had plenty of room to just push an over the shoulder graphic on your right versus squezing the picture in briefly

Actually I wear Bifocals.

Next time I will wear my glasses.:)

I also figure out how to slow the teleprompter down as well. :)

More to come!

You know what, for your first attempt at this you did very well. I'm impressed!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I was very disappointed that there was no "Ma and Pa" guests from Podunk, Tx. And no trivia question, where you give away a new sat. receiver, or a guest spot by some washed-up t.v. actor! And you weren't drinking coffee from a satguys mug! :rolleyes:
Other than that, I think it was pretty good!
Only one "real" suggestion - next time, take a Valium, and slow down just a touch!
Keep up the good work!
Tom in TX

Tom in TX said:
IOnly one "real" suggestion - next time, take a Valium, and slow down just a touch!

As I mentioned in another thread when I did the shoot I couldnt figure out how to slow down the scroll of the teleprompter, it wasnt until I was done that I finally found the place where you could slow it down.

Next time will be much better. :)

Who was it that did the skit.... Jack Benny or Jackie Gleason or Carol Burnett? I don't recall... Its been a while.

Maaaakeeee-up!!!!

And a big powder puff would whack them in the face...

LOL :D

Scott,

I read all of the criticism before watching the video. I was actually quite impressed...I know it is not as easy as it looks. I agree that I'd like to see over the shoulder graphics instead of the brief graphics that slid in...too briefly. The only graphic that stayed up long enough was the one mislabled "Title 1 - Title 2":D All in all you did much better than I expected for the 1st attempt. Even more so considering how little time you had to put this one together...

Keep up the good work...

All noted.

BTW I just figured away to look into the camera while looking at the Teleprompter, I can put the video camera in front of the Teleprompter down afew inches from the top line of text. :)

It looks like I am looking into the camera lense. :)

This is a learning process for me. :D

I just watched it and you done very well with doing the report and the content. Keep up the good work. I am sure it will keep getting better as time goes on with the graphics and so forth.

A suggestion that I have, and I am not sure what other people's opinion on this may be, but where you have the full screen go to a partial screen when you have a graphic come up stating the title of each headline, I would have it stay at full screen and have the graphic overlap the full screen instead (kind of like how they do it on the news).

I wonder how many more members can be gained when this will be shown on Dr. Dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)