SatelliteGuys Press Preview Coverage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On Tuesday a number of SatelliteGuys staff headed to New York City for the CES Press Preview event. While we mostly went for some meetings and face time with a few companies we also saw some cool products which we thought we would share with you.

So below is some video of some of the cool stuff we saw.

First up, is Sling Media who showed us their upcoming SlingCatcher. I am sure we will be hearing a lot more about this exciting product at the big CES show in Las Vegas!

[youtube]RqGiUr9glGg[/youtube]

Next up we saw a really cool remote control which acted like a WII controller, but what made this remote stand out was the interface used. This remote and "home" interface by Hillcrest Labs is something I hope to see in the future on a DirecTV or Dish Network system. This has to be one of the best and most well thought out interfaces I have ever seen. Check it out.

[youtube]YqzNgZuhIuw[/youtube]

Then we saw this cool software called Cyberlink Live, you load it on your home PC and then you can access your media, photos, music and more anywhere with your web browser, in addition if you home PC has a TV tuner card you can watch live television, plus if your home computer has a webcam you can monitor it from anywhere. The best part about this software is... ITS FREE! You can download it now from CyberLink Live - Remotely access your media -- including live TV, video, audio and photos on any web-browsing device.

[youtube]Um5IpjNnt1g[/youtube]

One of our main reasons for going to this event was to meet with Dish Network, and we had a great meeting. We are told the building they had this event at would not let them put up a Dish so they had nothing to show or demonstrate. Later on in the night we decided to have the Dish folks do a video for us, and as you can see they had a good time doing it. (This video was never meant to be a serious Dish Network promotion piece)

So please take it for its entertainment value and not as a serious video. :)

[youtube]54f-IfYMrIE[/youtube]

Again our main objective for this event was to have some meetings and get some face time with some of the players in the industry, and that we did. I am excited about our meetings with Sling Media and Dish Network, I think we are all waiting for the big CES show in January. :)

Cyberlink Live is like Orb, but this is totally peer to peer. It also has a lot of built in functionality so you can work with your photos, audio etc better.

Maybe i am wrong....but on the video of the dishnetwork.......is that FXHD logo on the DISH HD board presentation (right behind the dishnetwork rep.)?

Yeah, Scott your camera op knows what he is doing. Great work and the sound is much better than you had in the past. You did a good job too of working the camera and mic.

Thanks for bringing us the stories.

Just saw your post Sean. Were you the camera op? Good job!

Love the interface that the remote uses! but I do most of this today just with a different interface with my Gyration Air Mouse on my HTPC.

Looks like Cyberlinklive is competing with Orb.com. I'll have to check this out... I use Orb.com all the time from my cell phone.

I think these guys devoloped the Air Mouse.

As I said the remote is nothing more then a WII Remote, its the interface which is the magic. :)

I looked around the Cyberlinklive site but can't find anything about PocketPC's. Do you know if it works with Windows Mobile?

The interface looks awesome! We use the myHTPC app for photo viewing on the big screen. Close but not as cool looking. My favorite app for showing folks photos on the HDTV is actually my original XBox with the XBMC app. Fire up an internet radio stream then pick a folder of photos off the network and hit slide show. The photos move in and out of the screen and it looks really cool.

Dinner was GOOD. :)

That bag was HEAVY. (Although I guess it wasn't bad since I was carrying a full High Definition TV studio in there.) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)