SatelliteGuys Radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Wow what a launch! SatelliteGuys Radio has been on the air for close to 8 hours now, the stats are showing over 190 unique listeners who on the adverage listened for over 45 minutes!

I was just going through the playlist and realized something big...

MOST OF THE SONGS FROM THE 70's ARE NOT LISTED.

I forgot to include them when I built the playlist last night. Sorry about that I will add them later tonight. :)

We have a lot of plans for SatelliteGuys Radio, we are now having some custom SatelliteGuys promos done for us (much like I had made for DBSTalk for the Holiday Channel) which will give us a real radio feel. :)

I am also working on adding some syndicated content such as hourly newscasts.

Of course we will also be having some Live Fun as well! Stay Tuned

Over the next few days you will notice that we will have much more uniform song titles, this will make finding your favorite music easier to find and also helps us better log what songs are being played.

As always your comments and suggestions are welcome!

I do hope you are enjoying SatelliteGuys Radio! As you have seen more good stuff is coming, so as always....

Stay Tuned!

Day 2 and more and more people are discovering SatelliteGuys Radio!

I was watching the server today and we were getting flooded with requests (and of course we played them all!) I was amazed at the number of people using the request feature!

You might have noticed that late last night our Broadband stream was upgraded from 64k to a full 128k stream! Most of the songs sound exactly like the origional MP3!

Now running at 128k for now is just a test. Tonight we will be experamenting with MP3PRO audio which will allow us to broadcast the same quality audio using less bandwidth. If you don't have a MP3PRO player you will still be able to listen. :)

Your feedback is always appreciated!!

Ok the broadband stream is now being streamed using MP3PRO technology.

To hear the full stereo of MP3Pro you need a player like Winamp 5.

MP3PRO allows us to bradcast a stream at 64kbs but it sounds just like the origional 128kbs Mp3. :) At the moment we are broadcasting in 96Kbs MP3Pro format and it is sounding great. I will do tests to see if a 64kbs stream truely sounds as good as a 128 stream at a later date.

For more information on MP3PRO please see http://www.mp3prozone.com/

For those of you who do not have a MP3Pro Player or MP3Pro plugin on your machine you will still be able to enjoy the music, however it will be in Mono instead of Stereo. :)

Theres some Metallica in there. I need to finish going through and renaming all the songs so they are listed by artist instead of song title, then artist. :)

I will be switching the Dialup Stream over to MP3PRO tonight. The sound quality is so much better with MP3 Pro. :)

More features are coming to SatelliteGuys Radio. (STAY TUNED!)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Theres some Metallica in there. I need to finish going through and renaming all the songs so they are listed by artist instead of song title, then artist. :)

Thats a good plan, your list will be just like my 45 collection, I never can find the one I'm looking for cause I can't remember who the artist is. :D

Ok SatelliteGuys Radio has been upgraded, now both streams are MP3PRO streams! To listen to MP3PRO files we suggest using WinAmp 5. Of course you can still listen with any MP3 player. :)

Also there is a new sound behind SatelliteGuys Radio... Check it out, you will hear what I mean.

Thanks for being a member of SatelliteGuys!

n0qcu said:
Thats a good plan, your list will be just like my 45 collection, I never can find the one I'm looking for cause I can't remember who the artist is. :D
I am working on a PHP version of SatelliteGuys Radio, with the PHP version it will fully intergrated with a MySQL database so you will be able search any way for any song. (Artist, Title, Part of Title etc...)

I messed up last night, when I added some stuff I rebuilt the database of songs however forgot to include all the songs so that the randomizer could pull from everything, instead the randomizer only had a limited selection of songs it pulled from (requests worked ok) so you may have heard the same song played 2 or 3 times today.

I will fix that tonight, sorry for the Invonvience!

BTW if you have any song requests that are not listed please post them here and I will add them ASAP. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)