SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

EPIX Movie Bookmark Question

When I click on the EPIX bookmark, the app loads and I can select from the list of movies; but order to view the movie I have to go to the Chrome browser and access the EpixHD site and logon with my Dish signon to download a movie for viewing. Is this normal? I thought I should be able to download directly from the EPIX app.

When I click on the EPIX bookmark, the app loads and I can select from the list of movies; but order to view the movie I have to go to the Chrome browser and access the EpixHD site and logon with my Dish signon to download a movie for viewing. Is this normal? I thought I should be able to download directly from the EPIX app.

If I remember right, you have to first authorize your Revue using a PC. I guess the Chrome browser on the Revue works but that isn't really how it's supposed to be done. Once you do that, you can just stream movies without needing to do anything like a Roku or other Netflix player.

Anyone having any trouble with Amazon VOD on the Revue.... Tried watching a few free Prime movies on it over the weekend and it wouldn't get past the "Loading" screen with the rotating dots..... HBO Go worked fine though so I don't believe it was the internet connection.

Keeping the news flowing on the Honeycomb trail:
Google TV 2.0 “Fishtank” program leaks | Android Community

• Fifty developers were given access to the GoogleTV 2.0 "fishtank" program.
  • Devs were given a box with the same hardware that the Revue has with a stripped down version of the Honeycomb OS.
  • Devs are not happy with Google's decision to at the moment not allow access to manipulate LiveTV viewing window that shows what's coming in over HDMI.
  • Google is also rumored to be tracking to have the next version of the Android OS "Ice Cream Sandwhich" on GoogleTV in Fall 2011 inline with phones and tablets.

what kind of apps are you all talking about? i'm not a smartphone user so i am out of loop here. the reason the Revue isn't all it was supposed to be, is the fault of the content providers, not the Revue. If they would allow us to access to the content, what more would there be? i look at all the apps there are now on this thing and there are only like 4 that are actually usefull/desirable. so why would i want more?

pabeader said:
what kind of apps are you all talking about? i'm not a smartphone user so i am out of loop here. the reason the Revue isn't all it was supposed to be, is the fault of the content providers, not the Revue. If they would allow us to access to the content, what more would there be? i look at all the apps there are now on this thing and there are only like 4 that are actually usefull/desirable. so why would i want more?

My first thought is a decent media player. The Logitech player that's been in Beta since the Revue was released doesn't cut it. I should be able to view all my locally stored media on my Revue. As it currently stands, that is not at all the case.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)