SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

I saw a post today somewhere in the Revue forums about it still going to take a couple more weeks since they just got the SDK from Google (whatever that means), but I can't find the post now. I will say even though not everything works at this point on Dish Online due to it being blocked, I did appreciate having the Revue this weekend. Caught up on a few HBO shows and FOX shows that I missed thanks to the power outage from the snow storm this week. The video quality for FOX via Dish Online looked pretty darn good; I think it seemed to look even a bit better than the HD feed I get off Dish. Looking forward to see what 3.1 brings :)

-Mike

That's not true at all is Logitech didn't have the sdk then why is the update on my Revue now?

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

That's not true at all is Logitech dn't have the sdk then why is the update on my Revue now
Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Agreed, but it was actually from one of the support people too... I wonder if they are trying to point the blame at Google a bit to try to save some face.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I confused a couple posts when I went back and did some hunting. One of the Google support people said they are working with Google and it should be out soon. One of the people supporting (aka fighting the bashing) of Logitech had posted they got the final SDK recently so to calm down.

In any case I'm looking forward to it when it gets here :)

-Mike

Last edited:
Scott,

Betas could be based on a beta SDK as well. That said, there's no way in hell they are just getting the final Honeycomb SDK. Google would have given it to their partners at about the same time.

I suspect we will see it in the next week or two.

I will say even though not everything works at this point on Dish Online due to it being blocked, I did appreciate having the Revue this weekend. Caught up on a few HBO shows and FOX shows that I missed thanks to the power outage from the snow storm this week. The video quality for FOX via Dish Online looked pretty darn good; I think it seemed to look even a bit better than the HD feed I get off Dish. Looking forward to see what 3.1 brings :)

-Mike
I don't understand. Are you saying you were able to use DishOnline with the Chrome browser in a Revue with the original GTV software?

I don't understand. Are you saying you were able to use DishOnline with the Chrome browser in a Revue with the original GTV software?

yup! Anything Hulu realated does not work but Fox definitely worked fine with Dish Online. It was funny as the ads didn't work wellbut the video works fine and looked very good.

-Mike

IMG_3088.JPGHmm. When I attempt to access Fox on DO, I get the Hulu error message.

On the bright side, the Hulu error message now says that Hulu is working on a Google TV app. So, we got that goin' for us...which is nice.

Maybe it depends on the programming? I watched Terra Nova from Monday without a problem.

Any of the ABC shows I tried were SOL.

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)