SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

Okay, I tried it again and it does control the 922 now. I guess it took a while to get it to work. But I do wish there were simple volume on /off switches on the keyboard so I could easily control the sound on the tv and the a/v receiver too.
I have audio turned off on the HDMI out of my Onkyo so the keyboard volume buttons are all I need. You could program 3 keys for mute, up and down. Make it a Ctrl + so the keys would still have their normal function.

emgoodman said:
This is what I did and it works fine. I'm having no problem controlling the 922. If you look under DISH it wont list the 922 under available receivers but if you select manually enter and type in VIP 922 it will add it and set up the codes.

I'm typing this using my Logitech keyboard right now. Can anyone think of anything you'd rather view on a 50 inch 1080P Plasma than the Satellite Guys Dish Network forum?

So does this mean you are integrated with the 922 and can search your DVR and guide? Since isn't a supported receiver are you paying the $4 fee?

So does this mean you are integrated with the 922 and can search your DVR and guide? Since isn't a supported receiver are you paying the $4 fee?
If you buy the Revue from Dish there will be a $4 fee even if connected but not integrated with a 922. If you get a Revue from Best Buy, Amazon, etc there is no $4 fee for Dish unless you want to integrate it with a 622/722/722K.

If you buy the Revue from Dish there will be a $4 fee even if connected but not integrated with a 922. If you get a Revue from Best Buy, Amazon, etc there is no $4 fee for Dish unless you want to integrate it with a 622/722/722K.

Right, IMO still a better deal though, especially if it is just for a year. Have you actually called to challenge the fee? There would have to be an endpoint to the fee, otherwise how would E know I was even still using it. What if in a year or two or three, I called and said I am no longer using my Revue. How would they know one way or the other?

I also wonder what will happen when integration becomes available to other providers - ie cable DVRs and DirecTV. Will they all charge a fee or once the exclusivity is no longer in play will they just drop it (knowing Dish, however, that seems unlikely)?

I got my Revue from Dish and had to log in to dishnetwork.com and manually add the integration - it was not added or integrated until I added it.

I was just gonna say... Why don't you try unchecking the $4 fee (or I guess see if it's even there) when looking at your account on the website if you have it hooked up to a 922? The integration fee is listed there and it's selection box isn't greyed out like some other things listed.

I just got my Google TV yesterday from Dish. I connected it to my VIP722 and am extremely happy. This box is simply incredible, I love surfing the web on my 60 inch TV The video is all 1080p and the performance is as good as my PC browser.

I wonder since the Sling HD Extender looks like it's being canceled that maybe Dish's plan will be to eventually update Google TV to have the Sling receiver software. I guess it would get the Sling app eventually when Google finally adds the Android Market to Google TV...

I wonder since the Sling HD Extender looks like it's being canceled that maybe Dish's plan will be to eventually update Google TV to have the Sling receiver software. I guess it would get the Sling app eventually when Google finally adds the Android Market to Google TV...

I kind of suggested this in another thread. Right now you can't use sling with the 922 because it only works with mozilla firefox. It needs to work with google chrome to make it sling . I did get on remote access but the only option was to play a show on my tv not on the web. NO live tv either. Shouldn't be that hard to update by software so we could turn the google box into a sling extender for hd on tv 2. Might be why they dropped the sling extender off the dish website. They might intend to do this very thing in the near future.

So those of you that have this, is there a way to access ESPN3 via GTV (assuming that your ISP is on the approved list)?

:) Actually I'm watching via PlayOn streamed to my 922. I'm actually asking as I'm trying to find a gift for my parents who aren't very technical and don't have any DNLA devices.

I was just watching TV and got a message on my screen that an update was available for my Logitech Revue.

Just finished downloading and first thing I notice is there is a new Netflix app, one that lets you manage your instant Queue and more. (So thats a big step forward) :)

Anyone else get the update and notice any changes?

I was just watching TV and got a message on my screen that an update was available for my Logitech Revue.

Just finished downloading and first thing I notice is there is a new Netflix app, one that lets you manage your instant Queue and more. (So thats a big step forward) :)

Anyone else get the update and notice any changes?

It showed a message that it was ready for an upgrade? It didn't just upgrade on it's own?

Nope it didn't update on its own, asked me if I wanted to download it now or wait for later.

Netflix is looking good, watching an episode of Mythbusters in full HD. :)

Nope it didn't update on its own, asked me if I wanted to download it now or wait for later.

I haven't seen the message and my netflix account just shows the queue, like always. Maybe it is by time zone? Eastern gets it first then an hour later central time?

I tried forcing the update, but it says Revue has most current update. So I didn't got the update as of 8 AM PST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)