SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

I changed programing and stuff today. I tried to take the $4 integration fee off saying I don't need the inneraction to the DVR (which I've never used) and I was told I'd have to send the Google TV back and that was the only way to get that fee taken off. I thought I saw a thread saying they would drop the integration on request.

Does anyone think that the networks are ever going to play ball on this thing? That would really make a huge difference in the value of this product to me.

It won't matter whether they voluntarily choose to play ball or not, after the upgrade comes, and the App Market is open to you. You will be able to hide the fact that you are using GTV to access their websites.

I'm starting to really enjoy my Revue. I think it was definitly worth the $99. I really enjoy the HBOGO app. I've had HBO for about 3 years now and have been watching Entourage ever since. But now I can go back and watch the first 5 seasons I missed. I'm going to do the same thing with True Blood. I didn't think I would like it so I never started it. But with all the hoopla, I think I'll go back and watch them too. And I've been surprised by how good the picture looks.

I'm starting to really enjoy my Revue. I think it was definitly worth the $99. I really enjoy the HBOGO app. I've had HBO for about 3 years now and have been watching Entourage ever since. But now I can go back and watch the first 5 seasons I missed. I'm going to do the same thing with True Blood. I didn't think I would like it so I never started it. But with all the hoopla, I think I'll go back and watch them too. And I've been surprised by how good the picture looks.

+1 The HBOGo iOS app and web GoogleTV site has made it really easy to pick up where I left off on Entourage. I was thinking about watching True Blood too because off all the stuff I see on Twitter and Hollywood Reporter about it.

Google needs to show the networks the HBO Go site as proof that their system is not out to steal viewers and have them go uncounted for.

Networks just news to go behind a paywall like CNN, HBO, etc. Not interested in a Hulu Plus arrangement.

Too Big To Fail is my most watched show / movie on HBOGo.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if I can use the Revue if I along with the Sling adapter? Or can I only use one or the other? Also I have the wifi dongle, does the Revue have it's own built in wifi or does it use the wifi coming from the dongle via the 722k? (yes I have a USB hub).

Thanks!
Jay

Does anyone know if I can use the Revue if I along with the Sling adapter? Or can I only use one or the other? Also I have the wifi dongle, does the Revue have it's own built in wifi or does it use the wifi coming from the dongle via the 722k? (yes I have a USB hub).

Thanks!
Jay
The Revue connects via HDMI so it is independent of the Sling adapter which uses USB. And the Revue has built-in WiFi.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Anna Paquin was in red lingerie during a dream sequence a week and a half ago. Yeah, that worked for me.

Too bad only two episodes left.

Couldn't be easier.... Sling Adapter plugs into open HDMI port in the rear of my 722 (I also have an external hard drive plugged in as well). Revue has an HDMI cable that goes between your receiver and your TV (in my case a projector) ... You plug HDMI into sat box, then other end into revue, then a second cable from revue to your TV. It takes care of the rest. I love having internet access (plays most sites, although a little sluggish for some data heavy ones), and it can't open sites with .pdf files or print to a printer... Other than that it is great for streaming video (especially Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)