SatelliteGuys.US 61.5 HD Poll

Which would you choose to be DELAYED?

• National HD Channels (such as EPSN NEWS, SCIFI HD, USA HD etc.)

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • The Announced HD Local Cities (as announced on the Charlie Chat)

Votes: 468 79.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 22 3.7%
  • I am a DirecTV customer.

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
Ok question for everyone...

With the delay of AMC14 getting home to 61.5 which would you want delayed by Dish.

If you had to choose one below which would it be (with the understanding that the one you did not choose would become available a few months later)

National HD Channels

or

HD Locals into the announced April launch areas?
Scott you probably have this list already. But I am posting it you and so others can see it..
From Dish Network

DISH Network Outlines Upcoming HD Launch Schedule

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Mar 18, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network(r) Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH), the nation's third-largest pay-TV provider, today confirmed that plans to enhance its HD programming line-up this spring remain on track, despite the launch anomaly experienced by the AMC-14 satellite on March 14.

Over the next two months, DISH Network will increase its local HD offering by more than 60 percent with the addition of HD broadcast networks in the following markets:

April May
----- ---
* Abilene, TX * Beaumont, TX
* Austin, TX * Burlington, VT
* Baltimore, MD * Grand Rapids, MI
* Columbia, SC * Green Bay, WI
* Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, MI * Greenville, SC
* Ft. Myers, FL * Huntsville, AL
* Greensboro, NC * Knoxville, TN
* Milwaukee, WI * Norfolk, VA
* Orlando, FL * Richmond, VA
* Providence, RI
* Tampa, FL
Oh yeah, if you deem necessary go ahead and start a thread on this..I couldn't figurte out how to do it myself...Ok ok..go ahead make fun of me..I was looking for something to click that says "post new thread" or some such..

Scott you probably have this list already. But I am posting it you and so others can see it..
From Dish Network

DISH Network Outlines Upcoming HD Launch Schedule

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Mar 18, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network(r) Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH), the nation's third-largest pay-TV provider, today confirmed that plans to enhance its HD programming line-up this spring remain on track, despite the launch anomaly experienced by the AMC-14 satellite on March 14.

Over the next two months, DISH Network will increase its local HD offering by more than 60 percent with the addition of HD broadcast networks in the following markets:

April May
----- ---
* Abilene, TX * Beaumont, TX
* Austin, TX * Burlington, VT
* Baltimore, MD * Grand Rapids, MI
* Columbia, SC * Green Bay, WI
* Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, MI * Greenville, SC
* Ft. Myers, FL * Huntsville, AL
* Greensboro, NC * Knoxville, TN
* Milwaukee, WI * Norfolk, VA
* Orlando, FL * Richmond, VA
* Providence, RI
* Tampa, FL

It was posted in another thread..... Along with the national hd.

This poll is like a consumer restaurant survey. Everyone says they want light healthy good for you meals to be served at a restaurant but end up buying the huge greasy platter instead. Dish knows what sells, and they are balancing it carefully. They know Locals really is the driving force but they have to put out some nationals to keep existing customers happy. Besides all the existing are locked in contracts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts