SatelliteGuys.US 61.5 HD Poll

Which would you choose to be DELAYED?

• National HD Channels (such as EPSN NEWS, SCIFI HD, USA HD etc.)

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • The Announced HD Local Cities (as announced on the Charlie Chat)

Votes: 468 79.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 22 3.7%
  • I am a DirecTV customer.

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
Yup, voted delay locals here since Tulsa isnt scheduled yet. It would just be really nice to catch the NFL games this fall in HD, plus the NASCAR races, the NCAA tournement, etc....:(

BTW, for those itching to tell me to "move" or go OTA, I am to far for OTA and I have had the Tulsa locals for years, so moving is out of the question.

I had a hanging chad also.:)

I voted for national. but misread and did not see the delay part.

I voted for delaying Nationals because my DMA was announced to be lit up next month. If they weren't on the list or I already had them, I'd be voting to delay Locals instead (like others have done).

NESN-HD would be top priority for me. delay everything so I and everyone else in CT could get NESN-HD by first pitch on opening day.;) knowing nothing has been said about NESN-HD is guess it will be just a fantasy of mine.:D

I'm with you. Give me NESN-HD.

It's a loaded question really. Your answer really depends on your situation. In all though, If I lost the NYC locals I "moved" for... I think i'd exchange that for MSG HD, SCI FI HD, and FX HD in heartbeat. The only significant HD local I can not get OTA is NBC.

As long as NYC doesnt go spotbeam I am perfectly content. Im worried about the day if/when that happens and i'm without HD locals. My OTA picks up most, but not all of the Buffalo area locals.

NYC is likely to have to go Spotbeam to add all the "announced" HD national channels.

Since I really am in NYC DMA, my choice was obvious.

Since Dish cannot serve out of market distants they do not have a big incentive to keep them on national TPs. Of course they probably realise there are a lot of movers and wink as they keep certain markets on CONUS. But, with the TP shortage at 61.5 NYC DMA looks endangered.

It sounds to me like HD LiL is the only way they can get HD locals (reception issues??), hence the vote to delay Nationals... :eureka

Right! So the HD OTA Locals ARE available... he just can't get them! :cool:

If the HD locals weren't available OTA, I doubt DISH would be able to provide them via SAT. :neener

I was obviously making a comment on his use of the word "Available". :rolleyes:

Run the poll again, but ask only people that don't have HD locals already to vote. If you can find a way to keep the folks with locals actually from voting.. I just feel like it's a little bit skewed by the many that already have them. If I had them, I certainly would be voting for nationals..

I have both OTA and Dish

I have ota and dish. This gives me extra flexibility when I want to record some shows and also the PBS locals are not on dish yet.

Here in the Boston area PBS has two stations, one broadcasting one 1080i and one 480p and the other broadcasting 4 480p.

JC:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts