SatelliteGuys.US 61.5 HD Poll

Which would you choose to be DELAYED?

• National HD Channels (such as EPSN NEWS, SCIFI HD, USA HD etc.)

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • The Announced HD Local Cities (as announced on the Charlie Chat)

Votes: 468 79.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 22 3.7%
  • I am a DirecTV customer.

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
This is a pointless question, because each individual will see it differently, depending on whether:

- they have OTA HD signals where they live
- they currently have Satellite HD Locals available
- they have Satellite HD Locals planned for the future by E*

Human beings have a terrible record of separating out their own personal situation from the way they "vote".

Only EchoStar management can take an objective view on your poll question.

PS Your examples "USA-HD and SciFi-HD" are misleading, since they will be on 110 West, and are not available due to negotiations, not due to bandwidth.

It's just an opinion poll, nothing else. If anyone feels it's pointless they are free not to participate; after all we're not talking about nuclear disarmament here, it's only TV ;) :)

NightRyder

dang it, I voted Locals, but I meant to delay National, I want locals....I would love to see them turn those on, and then say as soon as that bird is up we will turn on the other HD we promised (USA AND SCI FI NEED TO BE TURNED ON NOW, no matter what) I really would love to have my locals on. They teased me this week when they uplinked them!

:up +1

No city in Ohio has HD locals with Dish. Enough of the torment. They (Cleveland locals) are slated as a "GO!". To be honest, *THAT* is going to be the make-or-break deal for me if I chose to switch to Direct. Not only does D* offer Cleveland, but Columbus as well.

Dish will go ahead with the locals anyways. They are way too comitted right now, and they know locals sell more than nationals every time.

Hey Screw you pal :) I understand what you are saying, and to be honest the more I think of it, I voted correctly and side with you, National HD would get Dish more customers and really show people they care, I get my Locals in HD over the antenna, I just want to record three of them at a time :) is that so bad?? I would love to see them get what is going to satify their customer base up there as they are in a tight bind right now

but would it really hurt to just turn on cleveland locals, or at least put STO and FSNOHIO on 61.5 so I can get it :)

Sorry that I wasn't able to get your 129 in. That would've been awesome for you to have FSNOhio and STO. Especially since you already have a DPP44 (thanks Claude!)

Sorry that I wasn't able to get your 129 in. That would've been awesome for you to have FSNOhio and STO. Especially since you already have a DPP44 (thanks Claude!)

blame the trees!! you did an awesome job and I can truly say I have a one of a kinda Setup!!!! plus it looks like its working out with 61.5 :)

I'm torn.. I don't need locals.. I have good OTA.. My customers want HD Locals.. HD Locals will create more sales for me.. But since we aren't on any list to get HD Locals anyway.. I say can the Locals and give us National..

PS. Did Charlie ask you to do this Poll, Scott? :)

Ok question for everyone...

With the delay of AMC14 getting home to 61.5 which would you want delayed by Dish.

If you had to choose one below which would it be (with the understanding that the one you did not choose would become available a few months later)

National HD Channels

or

HD Locals into the announced April launch areas?
I voted delay LIL...national channel additions generate business across the board. Mor sales/work for everyone. Locals are for the most part availabkle via OTA.
I ma curious as to what the FCC will do vis a vis "carry one carry all".

i want my locals. my ota has been a royal pain in my ass. I don't watch anything but network shows, sports, and sometimes hgtv and discovery. consequently, i don't think i'd watch too many of the national channels (don't watch them now). however, i think you are making more costumers happy by turning on the national (as the poll may indicate).

It's just an opinion poll, nothing else. If anyone feels it's pointless they are free not to participate; after all we're not talking about nuclear disarmament here, it's only TV ;) :)

NightRyder

It's not an opinion.

It's sort of like asking "Should Dish give all their customers a $100 rebate ? ".

There is a difference between self-interest and opinion.

If the poll asked (for example) "Which would you rather see, SciFi-HD or FX-HD ?", that would be opinion.