SatelliteGuys.US 61.5 HD Poll

Which would you choose to be DELAYED?

• National HD Channels (such as EPSN NEWS, SCIFI HD, USA HD etc.)

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • The Announced HD Local Cities (as announced on the Charlie Chat)

Votes: 468 79.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 22 3.7%
  • I am a DirecTV customer.

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
I voted to delay locals, true i have my locals in the DFW area, but even if i didn't i can get them perfect over the air. We need the national channes ASAP!!! cStill wish SPEEDHD was on the list though.:(

doh! mis voted - Somehow I read it which do you want added not delayed - I want nationals as I am lucky and a bit selfish I guess since I already have my locals in HD. But would not mind NESN HD!

I do not see Dish delaying the locals, or the nationals. They have the room on spots now for the locals and they get two TPs in 14 days from SA for nationals. 2 TPs could give them 12-14 national HD programs (more than the 6 they are "testing") and once they have the spots working they could move NYC/Boston to spots giving them another 2 TPs.

I somehow doubt that they would be able to run out of space on 61.5 even using the spots and the 4 TPs that are coming free. 24-28 HD channels will keep them busy for months in contract negotiations. Even if AMC-14 never arrives.

They can start booting the internationals off as they need more space for national HD.

I think the biggest risk to HD now is not 61.5 but 129. How much capacity do they have over there. Yes I know they have a lot of free TPs right now but do they have the power to run them strong enough?

Locals. I'd rather have my locals in hd for football and primetime tv, then hd wrestling and car races.

I watch mostly network stuff, and with the restart of the season, I want my Austin Locals in HD off the satellites. I would prefer no delay on either of course, but I'm a greedy sob.

Nationals. That is me being selfish. If I didn't have my locals. Locals all the way!!

This is a pointless question, because each individual will see it differently, depending on whether:

- they have OTA HD signals where they live
- they currently have Satellite HD Locals available
- they have Satellite HD Locals planned for the future by E*

Human beings have a terrible record of separating out their own personal situation from the way they "vote".

Only EchoStar management can take an objective view on your poll question.

PS Your examples "USA-HD and SciFi-HD" are misleading, since they will be on 110 West, and are not available due to negotiations, not due to bandwidth.

I would rather they delay locals. I have an antenna and I can get locals in HD, so I'd rather have the nationals.

Got say delay the locals for 2 reasons. 1. My area isn't on the initial list. 2. Most subs can get locals OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts