SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 10/06/2007

The Pub is a great place. You can learn a lot there. All you have to do is join.:D

Direct added USA hd and SciFi hd along with a few others today. Charlie you sure are looking weak. Some us something sometime today.

Direct added USA hd and SciFi hd along with a few others today. Charlie you sure are looking weak. Some us something sometime today.

Are those actually HD or are they just an upconverted version of the SD channel until the real stations launch some time down the road?

Yup not streached out at all. (Thank God!)

Its amazing how good the SD being shown on USA, Bravo and SCIFI look. Whats sad though is that is how it is supposed to look on the standard definition channels by default.

Scott, can we expect a response? Those were the two biggie channels for me. An upconverted channel is MUCH better than these channels in SD. What was this about 1:30?

I have to agree. So often I hear people telling us we shouldn't care that Directv will be adding all these HD channels because there won't be much HD programming on them, but the SD programming that is upconverted looks SOOOO much better that I would LOVE to have these channels. Not to mention, not ONE addition of one of the new premium movie channels yet. As a movie buff, that saddens me.

I did last night! Scott does a great job, I was happy to donate.

I joined last night as well. I thought I should give a little for all the great info I have already received from the site. Not just from Scott but from everyone involved. Just my way if saying thanks. :hatsoff:

Is there a E* Pub or just the main one on the front page?

I still think this is a big marketing scam. Adding so-called HD channels, advertising that you have HD channels then not showing HD content or showing very little. It's unfortunate that all providers are doing the same thing. I keep hearing that the SD quality on these channels is much better than the existing SD we currently pay for now. I find it quite ironic that we have to pay extra just to get the picture quality we could or should be getting right now on the SD channels. I'm not amazed that the average person is falling for this scam since the majority doesn't have a clue what they are looking at and are being duped into thinking they are watching HD when they really aren't. Only in America.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)