SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 10/06/2007

Maybe those of you who go home for lunch can take a look at your guides. Obviously the channel(s) will be visible before the uplink report is out.

Highly unlikely. It's doubtful that any new channels up-linked will be made available right away, it's possible, but Dish doesn't usually do things that way.

NightRyder

Highly unlikely. It's doubtful that any new channels up-linked will be made available right away, it's possible, but Dish doesn't usually do things that way.

NightRyder
They have done some quick moves, but not very often. :)

One might check 9467 to see if it happens to show up there. That would liklely be the quickest solution that would cover MPEG2 as well as MPEG4 users.
Any game which happens to switch to TNT would be available on TNTHD.

It's doubtful that any new channels up-linked will be made available right away, it's possible, but Dish doesn't usually do things that way.

FINALLY someone who agrees with me. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but besides NHL HD it is very, very unlikely that any channels uplinked today will be made available. They need time to test the signal.

That being said it will be fun to see if anything new is uplinked. Then we can roll out the, "when will ___ channel be made available?" threads.

FINALLY someone who agrees with me. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but besides NHL HD it is very, very unlikely that any channels uplinked today will be made available. They need time to test the signal.

That being said it will be fun to see if anything new is uplinked. Then we can roll out the, "when will ___ channel be made available?" threads.

I totally agree... my predictions:

More AZ spotbeam changes
NHL will become available
one or two TESTA/TESTB channels

and maybe some minor LiL changes on 129 today or tomorrow.

I totally agree... my predictions:

More AZ spotbeam changes
NHL will become available
one or two TESTA/TESTB channels

and maybe some minor LiL changes on 129 today or tomorrow.

Then I guess no TBS HD today which sucks because my Phils will be on. Well, maybe we'll see a whole bunch of channels uplinked but unavailable to give us hope for the future.

I would just like to see some new hd uplinked today. Does not even have to be available. Show us that Dish is doing SOMETHING!!!

The Comcast radio commercials in the SF Bay Area for the last week have been saying: "TBS HD just launched and it's available on Comcast just in time for the MLB Playoffs". They just need to add: "Not available on Dish Network". :(

The Comcast radio commercials in the SF Bay Area for the last week have been saying: "TBS HD just launched and it's available on Comcast just in time for the MLB Playoffs". They just need to add: "Not available on Dish Network". :(

No big deal to us in New England if TBS HD is not available. We have been watching the Red Sox in SD all year. The SD version will still be an improvement to the over compressed signal on the SD version of NESN.

I'm sure once the playoffs or whatever you sports marks are looking for are finished, everyone is going to be saying TBS who? ;)

I'm sure once the playoffs or whatever you sports marks are looking for are finished, everyone is going to be saying TBS who? ;)

And then Dish will immediately add it. Just like how ESPN 2 was launched just after the bowl season.

If you look in the D* forum they are already complaining about what a POS the channel is on its regular programming. With apologies to the baseball fanatics, I really hope Dish passes on this stretch-o-vision turkey for now.

NightRyder

Last edited:
No big deal to us in New England if TBS HD is not available. We have been watching the Red Sox in SD all year. The SD version will still be an improvement to the over compressed signal on the SD version of NESN.
Actually it's a big deal to me. I've had to rely on ESPN and FOX to see the Sox in HD, and since everyone else seems to have TBS HD, why not E*??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)