SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 11/10/2007

I like the idea. This way we're not wearing out our left mouse click buttons by hitting refresh on Wednesdays.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...activity-report-week-ending-11-10-2007-a.html

Uplink report is up.

There's some weirdness on on the tables listed at 61.5 that I'm looking into that really doesn't make any sense right now. They show 10 HD channels added to 61.5. Don't get excited yet. The weird thing is there's already full transponders at those positions but yet those transponders don't have those channels in their maps either. Very weird... Spotbeam testing? Not sure how though.

Maybe they are testing for a few surprises that may take place in a couple of weeks.:)Let's see. The number of hd channels to catch up with Direct is 10.:cool:

Last edited:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...activity-report-week-ending-11-10-2007-a.html

Uplink report is up.

There's some weirdness on on the tables listed at 61.5 that I'm looking into that really doesn't make any sense right now. They show 10 HD channels added to 61.5. Don't get excited yet. The weird thing is there's already full transponders at those positions but yet those transponders don't have those channels in their maps either. Very weird... Spotbeam testing? Not sure how though.

Somebody getting HD locals?

Doesn't look like it yet. There are channels in the 6800 range but yet the TIDs overlap CONUS TP's.

Here's what I'm talking about...

I'm going waaaaayyyy out on a limb here. Echostar3 will get some help from another CONUS bird(AMC-14??) combined with the SkyAngel shutdown and Echostar12 will be kicked into spotbeam mode.

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 11/10/2007 - 18 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 11/06/2007 01:36P - 11/07/2007 09:37A -

6800 - UP4 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1409 61.5 TP 09 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6801 - UP5 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1511 61.5 TP 11 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6802 - UP2 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1103 61.5 TP 03 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6803 - UP3 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1201 61.5 TP 01 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6804 - UP7 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1615 61.5 TP 15 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6805 - UP4 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1305 61.5 TP 05 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6806 - UP8 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1707 61.5 TP 07 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6807 - UP10 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1913 61.5 TP 13 Unknown beam (Not Available)
6808 - UP9 [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1801 61.5 TP 01 Unknown beam (Not Available)

Transponder Changes:
Unknown TID#1103 61.5 TP 03 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1201 61.5 TP 01 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1305 61.5 TP 05 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1409 61.5 TP 09 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1511 61.5 TP 11 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1615 61.5 TP 15 Unknown beam QPSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1707 61.5 TP 07 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1801 61.5 TP 01 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables
Unknown TID#1913 61.5 TP 13 Unknown beam 8PSK added to tables

Channels in the system: 4459
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

I'm thinking more and more about spotbeams, as E12 covers the odds from 1-23 and TP 24. Notice the TP numbers above?

It looks like Dish really has no plans on taking away internationals for 61.5, yet Dish wants to take away internationals for 148.

Two new Arabic channels identified:

1. ARTSP: ART Sports??? Hmm, there are 7 ART Sports channels, but I think this is ART Sports, but it's going to be an American version of ART Sports.

Example: Dubai Sports has an international feed (for instance, if an Argentine football match is played on Dubai Sports, the international feed switches over to Dubai Sports 2)

Zee Sports has a special USA feed, because Zee Sports has rights to Italy Serie A, in India, so...

2. HKYAT: ART Hekayat, Arabic Dramas.

I wonder why Dish probably is not going to take away the 9850 mirror of KBS?

It looks like Dish really has no plans on taking away internationals for 61.5, yet Dish wants to take away internationals for 148.

I bet those adds on 61.5 are only temporary. When that package is moved to 118.7 only I bet those will go away on 61.5.

It makes no sense to keep them on 61.5 when they are on 118.7 too. How many international 61.5 only customers are there? Not many to offset the cost of mirroring them at 61.5.

Maybe they want to use some of the spot capacity on R1/E12, does the satellite have the ability to say make 3 TPs spot and the rest CONUS? They have 4 markets now on 61.5 using 4 TPs (Boston, NY, Phili, Washington). It looks like Dish could use the spot beams ( http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/rldbs1.gif ) to change the 4 TPs down to 3TPs if they have the flexibility on the satellite. They could also reuse the 3 spot TPs to add more east coast locals.

It is really hard to say if they would gain much benefit out of it.

Maybe they want to use some of the spot capacity on R1/E12, does the satellite have the ability to say make 3 TPs spot and the rest CONUS? They have 4 markets now on 61.5 using 4 TPs (Boston, NY, Phili, Washington). It looks like Dish could use the spot beams ( http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/rldbs1.gif ) to change the 4 TPs down to 3TPs if they have the flexibility on the satellite. They could also reuse the 3 spot TPs to add more east coast locals.

It is really hard to say if they would gain much benefit out of it.

I'm not sure. They've only given us a tid bit of the puzzle here. Maybe something for us to chew on to shut us up? ;)

If I remember correctly, since R1 didn't have a lot of licenses to play with, they designed R1 with high earth-to-space license re-utilization for the spotbeams. Meaning each spotbeam requires an uplink facility. Can the bird be reconfigured to relax this optimization somewhat? Not sure. I was never able to find a lot of info on R1 to begin with.

Its sad......it appears we gave up on E* to provide new channels......i guess its better to be surprise whenever new channels do come up.

bored3.gif

My TV is sad with no new HD lately....

Digi, you aren't off base there bud. If you read posts for MONTHSSSSSSSSS back i stated this would occur ;0 Amc-14 is the bird yes... :) I would add though that this means the NYC feeds will finally go spot. They will not be remaining as conus any longer... ;0 That will come VERY VERY soon I expect.

Digi, you aren't off base there bud. If you read posts for MONTHSSSSSSSSS back i stated this would occur ;0 Amc-14 is the bird yes... :) I would add though that this means the NYC feeds will finally go spot. They will not be remaining as conus any longer... ;0 That will come VERY VERY soon I expect.

The delay for the 77 degree modification probably included an adjustment for 61.5 too ;)

This will also help solve the RSN shuffling too possibly freeing up more CONUS bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts