SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 11/10/2007

The reason Dish has probably not pursued the spot beam solution for 61.5 to date is that they viewed all their problems solved with the new single Dish solution/MPEG-4 system. Now that it looks like they face endless delays in getting launches, they may be trying to fill the gap. When they get all the international off of 61.5, and Sky Angel, they will have some flexibility.

The reason Dish has probably not pursued the spot beam solution for 61.5 to date is that they viewed all their problems solved with the new single Dish solution/MPEG-4 system. Now that it looks like they face endless delays in getting launches, they may be trying to fill the gap. When they get all the international off of 61.5, and Sky Angel, they will have some flexibility.

I still have my thoughts on this new MPEG-4 system...but I left my flame suit at home today ;)

Are your RSN's on 61.5 or 129? This would be a good determining factor for anyone curious if they could possibly get HD locals out of this change.

New England does not have any RSN in HD so I guess Providence will not be getting any locals.

I am just happy I can get all my locals via OTA.

IT might of come out of nowhere but it sure sounded like the mpeg 4 version of what Charlie announced last May. The sat location was at 85 instead of 86.5 and it was for cable companies rather than existing sat customers. I hope that they still pull off a mpeg 4 version of DISH that we can all tune to someday with our existing receivers and sat dishes. But who knows what is going to happen now that CHarlie is splitting the company into 2 seperate companies . Att may or may NOT buy DISH . I hope by next year these and other questions will be answered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts