SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 11/10/2007

Yes, looks like R1 is finally going into spotbeam mode. Would be nice if we could get signal readings for those TPs from across the country :).

I would suppose that if Dish were to use the uplink for every downlink on R1/E12, and they did not already have one of their 10 uplink centers under the spot they would lease from someone who did rather than build a bunch of tiny uplink sites.

Anyone getting signal on 61.5 TP 1 or TP 3?

If your receiver can't tune to those TP's you'll have to trick it. Hook up 129 straight to the box and do a check switch, you'll only have 129 in your matrix. Swing the dish over to 61.5 and you should be able to tune to 61.5 using the 129 TP maps which includes 8PSK TP 1 and TP 3.

If your receiver can't tune to those TP's you'll have to trick it. Hook up 129 straight to the box and do a check switch, you'll only have 129 in your matrix. Swing the dish over to 61.5 and you should be able to tune to 61.5 using the 129 TP maps which includes 8PSK TP 1 and TP 3.

Nope. No signal on 1,3,4,6,26,28.

Do you think they turned 1 & 3 into spots?

Could someone speak English here?:) Tell me what you guys might think is going on. Keep it plain and simple for poor ole me.:D

No signals showing on the Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer on Transponders 1, 3, 4, 6, 26 and 28 here in Northern California.

61.5 TP 1 and 3 exist on my 622 (didn't have to "trick" it as you suggested) but no signal on either.

Wow looks like some exciting things coming up for 61.5

could I finally get my hd locals :)

rain1itu.gif

No signal on 61.5 TP 1 and 3 on the MA/RI border. Live in MA, but in the Providence, RI market.

Like I expected, they haven't converted her over yet. They are just preparing for now. Makes you wonder why now without AMC14 and the SA TP's.

Wonder which DMA's in the 61.5 areas will get locals?

Like I expected, they haven't converted her over yet. They are just preparing for now. Makes you wonder why now without AMC14 and the SA TP's.

Gainesville, FL. Yeah, right but that would be awesome. I don't get great signal on FOX HD and there is no NBC local here.

Quick question for digiblur. I like the idea of starting the uplink report on Sunday. It makes it easy when you subscribe to the thread. I was wondering if you might go one step further and just rename it the uplink report and leave previous uplinks on the page. It would be nice to have a quick reference to previous reports. Just an idea and thanks for providing this service.

I still do not expect them to move AMC-14 to 61.5. A whole satellite for 2 TPs seems excessive. Also they have filed a delay in the construction of the E3 replacement with the FCC because they are having trouble booking a launch, so they definitely appear to have a new satellite in the works for 61.5.

Right now, since they have 4 TPs for local markets, they could make 4 TPs into spot TPs and pick up quite a few markets. Of course they would probably be markets that have their RSNs on 61.5, but I guess they could do the Dish 1000 plus wing configuration with a DPP44 for markets that have RSNs on 129.

All in all making 4 of the R1/E12 TPs spots costs them nothing in space and adds a bunch of markets.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)