SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/15/2007

5710 has been there for several weeks, if not a few months now. Make now sense why E* would leave it out there. They have to know it's there.

While Dish is being coy with the national HD channels, they are pretty much showing what they are planning with LiL. If you look at the E12/R1 spot beam map you can pretty much see which of the 54 cities they plan to put on it. If they do indeed manage to get 54 downlinks from E12, they could quickly jump past DIRECTV in LiL HD markets.

HEY! leave me alone, like I said I was just passing through the room and happened to notice it when I went to guide...jeez rough crowd in here tonight :)

I don't care if people ask... I think it is funny. I was just pointing all the threads we've had about it.

I don't care if people ask... I think it is funny. I was just pointing all the threads we've had about it.

I know, thats what I get anyways for just glancing and not really taking my time to look, and then post, I just post wildly without looking...now will you please bring us some good news on the uplink reports! :)

If you can see it then I wouldn't tell anyone you can see engineering channels. What's on it?

Looking at the TheList I don't see it being right in the middle of the music channels though.

I was referring that it's channel number is right in the middle of all the music channels way out in left field. That's why i was guessing it was MTVHD.

Ya I was a bit riled up about this.. One question though.. The Buffalo market is on every list i've seen from Dish about future HD markets. The lists ive seen specifically marked 2006/2007 as launch dates, obviously late. If there is not a beam that covers Buffalo than how can it be a "future" / overdue market?
Example: SatelliteGuys Photo Gallery - More from the Dish Network Booth! - Powered by PhotoPost
When all of the spotbeam moves are complete, then there may be a ConUS beam slot available for Buffalo. That may be an explanation for the delay in getting it launched.

Buffalo market is missing CBS (local channel 4) in HD. It's missing on D* and I suspect it'll be missing on E* as well (IF and WHEN they ever get around to actually coming through on their promise of service delivery). If they aren't going to carry ALL of the local HD stations, then I'll still need an antenna. And since the antenna is so much better than the satellite feed..... then I guess I really don't give a rat's (behind) about what they do with HD locals.

And I can spin the antenna around and get Toronto (Hockey Night Canada! Yeah Baby!) which I wouldn't be able to do over satellite no matter WHAT they do with my HD locals.

darrencp22, you're only a few miles up the road. I'm pretty sure you already told me, but I'm old and forgetful.... why don't you use an antenna for HD locals?

Buffalo market is missing CBS (local channel 4) in HD. It's missing on D* and I suspect it'll be missing on E* as well (IF and WHEN they ever get around to actually coming through on their promise of service delivery). If they aren't going to carry ALL of the local HD stations, then I'll still need an antenna. And since the antenna is so much better than the satellite feed..... then I guess I really don't give a rat's (behind) about what they do with HD locals.

And I can spin the antenna around and get Toronto (Hockey Night Canada! Yeah Baby!) which I wouldn't be able to do over satellite no matter WHAT they do with my HD locals.

darrencp22, you're only a few miles up the road. I'm pretty sure you already told me, but I'm old and forgetful.... why don't you use an antenna for HD locals?

I have a small antenna on my roof. I can get all channels great except WGRZ (NBC). Regardless of the antenna, direction, etc, I can not bring it in. Unfortunately, 80% of what I watch on the Networks in on NBC. This is the 4th antenna i've tried, and by far, the best.

FYI.. i'm in Lockport... but I might as well be in Newfane. The other side of the road is Newfane.

I still strongly feel users should not have to worry about throwing yet another thing on their roof. Dish already requires me to have two dishes. The antenna i have is very small, and I refuse to go with a huge disaster up there.

WIVB - CBS DOES broadcast in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts