SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/15/2007

WIVB - CBS DOES broadcast in HD.

Yes, they do, but D* doesn't have that HD on satellite and I don't think E* will get them either. I get ALL of the locals HD OTA. I believe the local CBS affiliate is owned by Lin (spelling?) or something like that and they are notorious for being hold outs.

So you can't get channel 2's digital? That's weird. They're in the cluster with 4 and 7 towers in the Colden area. I get them with a Silver Sensor upstairs on my bedroom TV. Main TV down in the living room uses the CM4228 outside.

Want to try my Silver Sensor? I don't understand why you're not getting the OTA and it bugs me... hehehe... I mean.... it SHOULDN'T bug me... *I* get it fine! heheh... but you're close. The offer stands if you want to give it a try.

Really ? Why would anyone want anything else on a Satellite thats almost dead?

I don't blame them for getting the last drop out. The only negative thing I have to say is the bird works decently in the central US areas but it really hurts the NW US users. They should just install the larger dish from the get go not wait for these guys to complain. Most users just cancel instead of complaining.

For all we know, they may be saving power for that satellite. Shutting down a transponder may prolong the life of the dying bird. :)

I doubt it is for power reasons. They had TP 31 empty for a long time yet they had it "cooking".

Yes, they do, but D* doesn't have that HD on satellite and I don't think E* will get them either. I get ALL of the locals HD OTA. I believe the local CBS affiliate is owned by Lin (spelling?) or something like that and they are notorious for being hold outs.

So you can't get channel 2's digital? That's weird. They're in the cluster with 4 and 7 towers in the Colden area. I get them with a Silver Sensor upstairs on my bedroom TV. Main TV down in the living room uses the CM4228 outside.

Want to try my Silver Sensor? I don't understand why you're not getting the OTA and it bugs me... hehehe... I mean.... it SHOULDN'T bug me... *I* get it fine! heheh... but you're close. The offer stands if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for the offer, but as of right now i'm good. I'll be concerned if we're without HD local once the spotbeams are lit. Mayeb I can take you up on your offer then? Thanks!

I don't blame them for getting the last drop out. The only negative thing I have to say is the bird works decently in the central US areas but it really hurts the NW US users. They should just install the larger dish from the get go not wait for these guys to complain.

Had them come out and put up a 24" dish just for 129. It helped quite a bit, but I still get "wobble drop-outs" (not related to weather). They offered to credit me $50 if I bought a Winegard 30" and they'd come out and put it up, but I measured and looked at alternate locations and a 30" dish just won't fit anywhere...so I'm stuck with the 24", which is a lot better than the D1000. That thing made watching HD on 129 just aggravating as hell.

So, I'm very glad they didn't put SciFi HD and USA HD on 129. Now if they'd just light 'em up....

Had them come out and put up a 24" dish just for 129. It helped quite a bit, but I still get "wobble drop-outs" (not related to weather). They offered to credit me $50 if I bought a Winegard 30" and they'd come out and put it up, but I measured and looked at alternate locations and a 30" dish just won't fit anywhere...so I'm stuck with the 24", which is a lot better than the D1000. That thing made watching HD on 129 just aggravating as hell.

So, I'm very glad they didn't put SciFi HD and USA HD on 129. Now if they'd just light 'em up....

So, if you pull off the 24-inch dish and put up the 30-inch Dish, then the six inches extra is a problem fitting ?

Just curious, what is preventing it from fitting ? (Having been to Olympia before, I would guess a tree branch.)

A 30-inch here makes a significant difference on 129.

I just noticed that to when I got to ""ALL HD"" on my guide the MT66HD Shows up in my guide its red and say no description as well.

It has been taken off the guide. Maybe it was there by mistake on the guide. With everyone calling about it, they maybe realized what had happened.

So, if you pull off the 24-inch dish and put up the 30-inch Dish, then the six inches extra is a problem fitting ?

Just curious, what is preventing it from fitting ? (Having been to Olympia before, I would guess a tree branch.)

A 30-inch here makes a significant difference on 129.

No, the mast for the D1000 is the problem. Both dishes are mounted on a support post (4x4) on the corner of my back porch. The 24" dish barely clears the mast for the D1000 above it. A 30" Winegard wouldn't have a chance and I have no other place to put it. :(

It has been taken off the guide. Maybe it was there by mistake on the guide. With everyone calling about it, they maybe realized what had happened.

Great!!! With all the whining, crying, and hand wringing going on in here they are now taking channels away from us!!!! ;) :D

Is the LiL map confirmed?

Is the map confirmed as to where LiL HD channels are planned? I live in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA (Ranked 41) DMA. D* has offered local HD channels since March and Comcast had them long before that.

It seems like my DMA is in 2 spotbeams and ranks pretty high, yet no yellow spot? It sure seems like it should be eligble when East Coast LiL are offered... Any thoughts?

Is the map confirmed as to where LiL HD channels are planned? I live in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA (Ranked 41) DMA. D* has offered local HD channels since March and Comcast had them long before that.

It seems like my DMA is in 2 spotbeams and ranks pretty high, yet no yellow spot? It sure seems like it should be eligble when East Coast LiL are offered... Any thoughts?

Nope. I'd just wait until we get some real information. Everything is just speculation at this point.

I thought they needed 6 foot dishes in Alaska and Hawaii ?

PS Dish has new satellites - and they can't get anyone to launch them...
They have a launch comming up I thought. January as well I believe. My point is 129 is junk, no matter how people want to defend it. They need to kill it ,not add to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)