SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/22/2007

Because of the hypocrisy of the E* folks that ragged D* whenever they had the chance when they were in the bandwidth crunch and now saying it will be OK to do the same thing. Because of al the E* folks that said no way in hell would there be as many HD channels up by the end of 2007 for D* to send out and they were saying. Because of all the bind following that a lot of E* folks are showing, when they used to tell D* folks to come to E* for all the HD we have now, forget promises, now they're looking from promises from E* for what the might get.

As long as they stay of the D* forums why do you care? Both services have their blind following nothing new there. I guess what I really don't understand is the need to run around promoting or defending a utility company, especially outside its designated forum.

NightRyder

I was NOT one of the original "hypocrites" in the D* vs E* battle and I could care less what happened or what was said previously. I am satisfied with my E* HD programming for now, but, that may change in the future. I don't have a problem with the picture quality and, based upon my personal observation of D* MPEG4 picture quality, I see it as only a tad better than E*'s right now. I don't like D* receiver functionality or their program guide. I can live with less HD channels, as long as the current picture quality doesn't decline.

As long as they stay of the D* forums why do you care? Both services have their blind following nothing new there. I guess what I really don't understand is the need to run around promoting or defending a utility company, especially outside its designated forum.

NightRyder
Where was I promoting or defending something in my post that you quoted? I asked why was a practice that D* was ripped on for doing now going to be OK for E*? And as long as I've been on this site, which is a long time, users of all systems have posted in forums for other systems, now if you want to get Scott to come up with a firm law about the practice that's fine by me, otherwise either ignore the posts or answer the question.

I'm really getting tired of the Directv trolls, so I just added them to my ignore list. Unfortunately, I can't add moderators to the list. :( Is there any way to add a particular mod to the list? and I think we all know who he is.

Where was I promoting or defending something in my post that you quoted? I asked why was a practice that D* was ripped on for doing now going to be OK for E*? And as long as I've been on this site, which is a long time, users of all systems have posted in forums for other systems, now if you want to get Scott to come up with a firm law about the practice that's fine by me, otherwise either ignore the posts or answer the question.

Rad you're always defending or promoting D* :D (I could do a poll if you'd like :p). Yes you have been here a long time, in fact 2 days longer then me, and anyone can post to any forum. As a E* subscriber I choose not to post in the D* forum out of respect for it's members, but that's just me, I don't think any limits or walls are needed. I would put you on my ignore list but some of your posts have entertainment value and I would hate to give that up;). Anyway, peace and have a happy and safe holiday season.

NightRyder

I'm really getting tired of the Directv trolls, so I just added them to my ignore list. Unfortunately, I can't add moderators to the list. :( Is there any way to add a particular mod to the list? and I think we all know who he is.

No, been down that road already. For better of worse mods are exempt, that's what finally drove me away from the other board, the inability to ignore JL. :D

NightRyder

Oh come on NIght Ryder, you are saying you had trouble with little old James LONG?

Yes ,I had trouble with him too and he would p.m. me to death when he didn't like it when I posted anything negative about DISH for any reason. He would also trash me as much as he could in the forum where ever I went. I finally turned off the p.m. service after trying to work out a solution with him over the last p.m. I had from him. I now have to be very careful how I post anything at dbstalk website. You never know when old J.L. will come stalking you again. But at least he can't p.m. any longer. He used to get very nasty in those private messages and would threaten to cut me off from posting at his site. I see why Scott left Dbstalk and formed his own site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts