SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/29/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A number of SatelliteGuys members have contacted me over the past few days sayinig they have called Dish and were told that they would be adding some more HD before the end of the year.

Because of the number of folks reporting this to me, I almost started to believe it.

Shame on me. :D

Come on Dish! :)

A number of SatelliteGuys members have contacted me over the past few days sayinig they have called Dish and were told that they would be adding some more HD before the end of the year.

Because of the number of folks reporting this to me, I almost started to believe it.

6 more days before the end of the year. Start the countdown! :)

Man, I thought there'd be a lot in the report. Figured the 61.5 outage Saturday was an indication of rearranging :)

Rob

The issue was on the ground, nothing was wrong with the signals being sent from the ground to your dish except they were "empty" signals.

Yes , but remember according to the Indian calendar the new year begins on March 22 - so we have three months to go!

The issue was on the ground, nothing was wrong with the signals being sent from the ground to your dish except they were "empty" signals.

Ah, it just confused me a little where the voom's were out on 129, but not the other hd channels, but all was out at 61.5. I was almost afraid the bird had died.

I realize that this is off subject, but I'm curious. The old Voom sat is at 61.5, correct? Does E* still recieve those from there & retransmit to the E* sat that is co-located, or do they get it from elsewhere & use both birds to tx to us?

Rob

I realize that this is off subject, but I'm curious. The old Voom sat is at 61.5, correct? Does E* still recieve those from there & retransmit to the E* sat that is co-located, or do they get it from elsewhere & use both birds to tx to us?

Rob

E* receives the VOOMs via fiber and transmit them to 129 and 61.5.

Or some HD just before the rate hike to make the rate increase a little easier to take.

Yes...they have to do that.......they cant increase the price without having some new HD channels....E* wont look good if they increase prices and do not increase the number of HD channels.

Dish told me the samr thing about adding more hd before the end of the year. I am a non-beleiver until they show up in my guide or digi tells me first.:)

When I was ordering the HD upgrade they said they would add more channels by the end of the year but they didn't know what they were or exactly when. I would expect just Sci-fi and USA since they are working on them now. Nothing else is ready to go. Maybe a few more added once the new sat is in orbit in march or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)