SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/29/2007

Having both channels with DirecTv... USA carrys more HD than SciFi from what I have seen... but when showing SD they do not use the Stretch o vision approach and the content still looks better than the SD counterparts...

Thank God for that! :up

I despise the stretch-o-vision channels. :mad:

CES Show 2008

Press Event Detail

DISH Network
January 7, 2008, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
LVCC, S227

Hour long press conference led by EchoStar executives. Will discuss current and upcoming innovations / services.

This event is sponsored by: EchoStar

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 12/29/2007 - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 12/27/2007 01:35P - 12/28/2007 12:22P -

145 - ESPNA moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 10 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 18 ConUS beam (A)

Channels in the system: 4552
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

Now they are just screwing with everyones head.[/COLOR]

Well, i guess nothing for this week. So that means that we will get finish the year with no new HD channels. I hope in January E* comes up with some HD...its getting beyond sad :(

Well, i guess nothing for this week. So that means that we will get finish the year with no new HD channels. I hope in January E* comes up with some HD...its getting beyond sad :(
umm they added atleast 10 channels this year!! It took d* 2 years to catch up!! So why not give them alittle time

Digi. I noticed that one of the hd ppv is off the air for 5 hours Sunday from 12 am. to 5 am central. Wonder if they could be testing something. Channel 539.

People seem to forget that they have added many channels this year.

I don't think people forget they've added quite a few HD channels this year. I think what they are complaining about is E*'s obstinate refusal to outline their objectives for future programming. For all we know Charlie might feel that there are no new worthwhile HD channels to be added, or might be focusing on his "all-MPEG4 single-dish" solution to the detriment of additional national HD.

Yes, we are like spoiled kids who want to be acknowledged. But we're spoiled kids with money. :)

=NLK=

I don't think people forget they've added quite a few HD channels this year. I think what they are complaining about is E*'s obstinate refusal to outline their objectives for future programming.

I can tell you their plans right now.

Their plan is to add as many new popular channels as possible, while not paying more than the market price, and to minimize the cost increases, so that they can minimize the price increases, since that produces churn.

Oh My God - this means that they don't know in advance which specific channels they will be adding.

Also remember that announcing any channel prior to conclusion of negotiations, means that their leverage is decreased.

Imagine going to a car dealer, and saying:

I have to buy this car by the end of the hour. What kind of discount can you give me ?

I guarantee that you will be paying $500-$3000 over the sticker price...

I can tell you their plans right now.

Their plan is to add as many new popular channels as possible, while not paying more than the market price, and to minimize the cost increases, so that they can minimize the price increases, since that produces churn.
Even assuming you "know" what their plans are: that statement is so general as to be meaningless.
Oh My God - this means that they don't know in advance which specific channels they will be adding.
Don't know why you think they don't know in advance which [if any] specific channels they'll be adding. Even I only stated that WE have no idea if or when they'll be adding HD. I don't care what they know.
Also remember that announcing any channel prior to conclusion of negotiations, means that their leverage is decreased.
-snip-
Am I to infer from your statement that you don't believe ANY negotiations have been concluded for ANY additional HD channels? In that case not only don't YOU know what E* will be adding, THEY don't even know.

In that case not only don't YOU know what E* will be adding, THEY don't even know.

Finally someone gets it...

PS In order to negotiate, you have to offer them something. E* has nothing to offer, until the next satellite is successfully launched, because they cannot commit to adding the channel to various tiers, packages, etc.

Finally someone gets it...

PS In order to negotiate, you have to offer them something. E* has nothing to offer, until the next satellite is successfully launched, because they cannot commit to adding the channel to various tiers, packages, etc.

Does this mean when Dish throws one of those new hd packages at me in Feb., I can negotiate like they can and get a better price.:D

Does this mean when Dish throws one of those new hd packages at me in Feb., I can negotiate like they can and get a better price.:D

If you read various threads, you'll find that if you are a long-term customer who expresses extreme dissatisfaction to a CS rep, you often can get some sort of of credit or free months of HD or Premiums...

So, in a certain sense, the answer is yes...

If you read various threads, you'll find that if you are a long-term customer who expresses extreme dissatisfaction to a CS rep, you often can get some sort of of credit or free months of HD or Premiums...

So, in a certain sense, the answer is yes...

:no:no!sadroll:yikes I know very very very few people that have pulled that off with cheapo charlie. His favorite saying is " Don't let thje door hit you on the way out"

I tried that and it did not work (i have been a E* customer for 10 years).......by telling the CS that i might be switching to D*.....the CS reply was...."Well we are very sorry to hear that". I was just bluffing...i did not cancelled my account....i just sadly hang up the phone. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)