Satellites for Wild Feeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Besides SBS 6 74.0W, are there any other Satellites that Wild Feeds are available on, without having to get a 10 foot Fish?

Some are alluded to on the Global CM web page.
Of course, the exact details are not discussed so much in public, lest the sources dry up.
Do check out some of the rules related to the feeds you find.

Likewise, the Lyngsat pages mention areas or even specific transponders of various satellites used for the same purpose.

Besides SBS 6 74.0W, are there any other Satellites that Wild Feeds are available on, without having to get a 10 foot Fish?

Thankx for the great info. Anole. So for Sats with the word "FEEDS" listed, such as 93.0W (Galaxy 26), would I have to do a new Blind Scan every time I want to look for Wild Feeds? Since this is the procedure for finding Wild Feeds on SBS6 74.0W?

I find quite a few things every time I search the sats, I don't do it everynight, but usually grab my laptop and do some surfing while I run scans on sats. I don't have c-band setup, but there is more stuff there too, but some nights I find quite a bit of stuff in Ku band alone to keep me busy.
What I really like is you find things that you really like, but almost never see on networks or cable channels. Sometimes I think, who is this being broadcast for cause I never see anything like this on my cable or satellite subs.

jsattv, I see you are using a viewsat extreme in your setup, how is it working for ya with the motor? The viewsats have a reputation of not controlling the motor consistently after a short period of use, but recent posts by some people on the new models are starting to make me think they have corrected some of the problems.

Last edited:
satellites with feeds
74 (already noted)
79 (news & sports)
85 (news & sports)
89 (news mainly...occasional sport)
91 (news & sports)
93 (news)

When I scan for feeds (especially sports) I scan 74, 79, 85, 91 first.

Feeds are everywhere...you'll find them on G10R sometimes and even some unique ones on 105 and 121.

When I scan for feeds (especially sports) I scan 74, 79, 85, 91 first.
I usually start with 91 and go the other way, including 89, 87, 83 and 72. Then I go to 103 and then on to 123. If I find something I'll watch, I start using another receiver and watch while it's scanning.

Al

I find quite a few things every time I search the sats, I don't do it everynight, but usually grab my laptop and do some surfing while I run scans on sats. I don't have c-band setup, but there is more stuff there too, but some nights I find quite a bit of stuff in Ku band alone to keep me busy.
What I really like is you find things that you really like, but almost never see on networks or cable channels. Sometimes I think, who is this being broadcast for cause I never see anything like this on my cable or satellite subs.

jsattv, I see you are using a viewsat extreme in your setup, how is it working for ya with the motor? The viewsats have a reputation of not controlling the motor consistently after a short period of use, but recent posts by some people on the new models are starting to make me think they have corrected some of the problems.

SatinKzo, the ViewSat Extreme 2000 - which I think has been around for a year or so, has had a few hiccups. The most serious problem occurred about 2 months ago, - a day after I had finished scanning in my 7th or 8th Satellite. I turned on the Receiver the next day, and it just froze up after working for about 20 minutes. When I shut off the Power Switch on the back of the Receiver, I ended up losing everything - all my Channels and Sats, when it came back on. So at that time I did a complete Factory Reset from the Menu, and haven't had that problem again and have rescanned in about 6 Sats. (Didn't use the Dish much during the snow & deep freeze up here in Jan and Feb as the Elevation was off). But have used it quite a bit the last 2 weeks with NO major problems & now have: 97.0W, IA6 93.0W (today), 79.0W (today), SBS6 74.0W, AMC1 103.0W - Pentagon Channel, Galaxy 3C 95.0W all scanned in.

The only other Hiccup it has, is when trying to get into Antenna Settings, the odd time it won't go there when you press OK on the Remote Control. This is easily resolved by switching it OFF & ON - just with the Remote Control!

As far as being able to control a Stab HH120 Motor and Fortec Dish from USALS, - no major problems at all, once you set in your Dish Elevation and Latitude (just once is required, and it remembers the Lat & Long settings after that), then its just a matter of going to the Satellite of your choice setting up with USALS, then doing a Blind Scan to get the Channels. Guess if I had to do it again from reading all the Posts on this great Site, I'd probable go with CoolSat, but at the time I bought the ViewSat, the CoolSat 5000 was about $30 more, and the CoolSat 6000 was $50.00 more.

Hope this helps, and thanks guys for the great info on Feeds, I am really enjoying the Satellite surfing. Got ONN on 74.0W this afternoon with a Q value up to 74%, but this evening it went back to 40% - how about that!!!

Hey thanks for the feedback on the extreme. So it seems that some of the newer viewsats are actually working ok with the motors now based on some of the recent posts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts