SatGuys Fantasy Baseball

Sabres, you need a 2B, you don't even have one on the bench.

Maybe I'll start taking offers for Dan Uggla. ;)

My fantasy team has climbed to second in total homers with 26, yet I'm still in the basement of the league.

My team ERA is 4.88; in contrast, Bill's team ERA is 2.91.

You're kicking some serious butt in pitching this week.

I was just looking at our H2H matchup, and you still have a 0.00 ERA for the week. :eek:

I added a new catcher to be a stopgap.

My fantasy-team catcher, Ryan Doumit of the Pirates, is going to be out with an injury.

So, I put him on the DL, and I went with Oakland catcher Kurt Suzuki to be my temporary catcher until Doumit returns to the lineup.

As for second basemen, I'm waiting until one of you guys makes one available.

Wish I could help you out, but I'm only carrying one second baseman (Dan Uggla) as it is.

I'm going to waive Dioner Navarro (if you're interested in a backup catcher) at the end of next week when I get Joe Mauer back.

Week 3 Update

HD MM's Ninjas did some serious WORK to the Livonia Losers last week by a score of 11-1-0!!! :eek:

Meanwhile, Sabres' Slammers is in the basement with a 0-3 record. Hang in their pal. :p :D

Here's some friendly advice: pickup a second baseman. Even if you have to get a bad player, he's at least going to get you some TB, R, RBIs....you're foolish to leave a starting roster spot empty.

Bill and I are the only remaining undefeated teams.

:up But you're blowing me away in most of statistical categories.

In fact, there's a few others that have stats better than mine. I guess it just comes down to the weekly matchups. :)

Here's some friendly advice: pickup a second baseman. Even if you have to get a bad player, he's at least going to get you some TB, R, RBIs....you're foolish to leave a starting roster spot empty.

Seriously Sabres, this is what I was trying to tell you last week.

The second baseman you pick up, doesn't have to be the second coming of Roberto Alomar! :eek:

I have a question for you guys:

Who do you think is a better hitter, Adam LaRoche or Mike Jacobs.

Every week I flip-flop these guys as my first baseman, but one doesn't stand out from the other too much .

I replaced J.D. Drew (who's day-to-day) with LaRoche at one of my utility positions today, and benched Drew for the week.

At the end of this week I'm activating Joe Mauer from the DL and have to release someone. LaRoche OR Jacobs are my leading candidates to get the heave- ho (It would have been Dioner Navarro, but I already released him the other day and added a pitcher).

Thoughts?

Seriously Sabres, this is what I was trying to tell you last week.

The second baseman you pick up, doesn't have to be the second coming of Roberto Alomar! :eek:

Yep.

Some points will be better than ZERO points!

Come on Slammers'! Get with the program.

Well, I took your advice, and added a 2B that had a good positive percentage and was available- Luis Castillo, the Mets table-setter with a .365 average.

To do so, I had to get rid of Fausto Carmona, which means HD can pick him up,

I have a question for you guys:

Who do you think is a better hitter, Adam LaRoche or Mike Jacobs.

Every week I flip-flop these guys as my first baseman, but one doesn't stand out from the other too much .

I replaced J.D. Drew (who's day-to-day) with LaRoche at one of my utility positions today, and benched Drew for the week.

At the end of this week I'm activating Joe Mauer from the DL and have to release someone. LaRoche OR Jacobs are my leading candidates to get the heave- ho (It would have been Dioner Navarro, but I already released him the other day and added a pitcher).

Thoughts?

Close call, but I like LaRoche better than Jacobs.

Well, I took your advice, and added a 2B that had a good positive percentage and was available- Luis Castillo, the Mets table-setter with a .365 average.

To do so, I had to get rid of Fausto Carmona, which means HD can pick him up,

Good pick up, Sabres! :up

I'm just not sure about the releasing Carmona part.

Fantasy Football

Ernie Harwell Well Wishes Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)