Not open for further replies.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Any plans in the near future to launch satguys on IPv6? May be more work than its worth right now however I have been trying to get more familiar with it and the BGP table keeps growing and I would love to visit my favorite site via IPv6.

“SatGuys the First and only Satellite Site to Launch IPv6”

No plans. vBulletin does not support it, nor does the upcoming vBulletin 5.

Umm vbulletin is a forum sotware so I am not sure what you mean by this statement. As the web forum software has nothing to do with your web server being ipv6 compliant. vbulletin does not know rather I am using ipv4 or ipv6 to get to your webserver, that is all controlled by the server itself. About the only function that VB would lack would be the ability to ban using the VB software an ipv6 address from the site. However a simple work around for this is to ban it directly from the server firewall itself rather than use vb's function. Other than that if the web server supports and has routing for ipv6 VB will work just fine.

To support ipv6 you would need to configure it on the webserver itself not the vb software. Apache has to be compiled for it and the server set up to handle it (ip routing etc)

You should be able to get an ipv6 address for your server and routing, most datacenters give away /64s as if they were going out of style (thats about 16 quantrillion address's) should be enough ;)

I would suggest you go read over at vBulletin.COM about ipv6 support. It does not work and causes issues.

Also we are not running Apache here.

Finally our ISP is currently not supporting IPV6.

As I said before I don't see us moving to it until its fully supported by the software. The servers are ipv6 ready and I am told our backend is all upgraded and can handle it as well, but if our software is not 100% with it then I am not moving to it. Without the software there is no SatelliteGuys, it's that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)