SatHawk 800 Video Format Issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
NJ
Greetings,

Prior to locking in sucessfully for the first time, I did a factory reset. My satellites were reset to all European birds (or at least, not North American ones...)

I got home from work today and got my dish aimed successfully! I scanned in a few channels and began messing around with the menu.

No big deal, I entered my true south sat coordinates in and aimed it. Then I hit "V. Format" and the screen went blank (connected using HDMI at that point). No matter what mode I put it in, I couldn't get the screen back).

Using the old school yellow/white/red cables I saw a very bad picture with a menu that said "No OSD - Press V. Format Button"

I power cycled the unit, still same issue - I can't get to a menu to reset it. My guess is since the Euro birds are in there by default now, am I on some weird video output mode now, like PAL (if that makes sense these days.)

Greetings,

Prior to locking in sucessfully for the first time, I did a factory reset. My satellites were reset to all European birds (or at least, not North American ones...)

I got home from work today and got my dish aimed successfully! I scanned in a few channels and began messing around with the menu.

No big deal, I entered my true south sat coordinates in and aimed it. Then I hit "V. Format" and the screen went blank (connected using HDMI at that point). No matter what mode I put it in, I couldn't get the screen back).

Using the old school yellow/white/red cables I saw a very bad picture with a menu that said "No OSD - Press V. Format Button"

I power cycled the unit, still same issue - I can't get to a menu to reset it. My guess is since the Euro birds are in there by default now, am I on some weird video output mode now, like PAL (if that makes sense these days.)
I think i did the same as you!when i first got my receiver.Playing with the remote buttons and i think when i hit the V format button i lost my video!after pressing the v format button a few times i got it back!Since that time i dont touch that button.:)

The video format button ONLY goes through 576i, 576p, 720p50, and 1080i25, no matter what firmware version you have. If your monitor only understands 480i, 480p, 720p60, and 1080i30, good luck getting back. If you can get a steady enough picture to see the menus, you can get back to the North American formats via the menus no matter what firmware version you have.

Hmm I'll give it a shot, it appears that the menu was disabled (or at least wouldn't even try to display...)

Of course I'd do this after finally getting a signal! argh I'll see what I can do...

Thanks for the suggestions guys

phew was able to adjust it via 576i.

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts