Satpros DSR500 - self-help support

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone care to post their signal quality numbers for the SatPros DSR500s?

Got my stationary Primestar aimed at G10R with signal quality running from the mid-50's up to low 80's on the available transponders.

FYI - just getting started in the FTA world and I feel like I've got my set-up peaked pretty good - just curious if these numbers seem OK.

I have my SatPros hooked up to me Primestar that is aimed at G10. 11720 comes in at 68% and the high TP is around 80%. THe meter seems pretty stable.

I have my SatPros hooked up to me Primestar that is aimed at G10. 11720 comes in at 68% and the high TP is around 80%. THe meter seems pretty stable.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'm dialed in pretty good since I'm hovering in the low 60's on 11720 and running 82-83% on the high TP.

By the way, are you using the original Primestar LNB?

Don't feel foolish! I actually have 3 types of LNBs - a Fortec .4 Universal, a Fortec .3 Universal and a .4 Standard lnb. My 2 Primestar dishes I have did nt have the lnbs with them. I LOVE the Primestar dishes :)

OK, I might try playing tomorrow. Now that I have a null modem cable (a BIG THANKS to my friend up north!), what else do I need to use Channel Master or the like? I have found loaders, etc. Not sure what all I need (software wise). I am looking to back up my channel list and edit them. I also will use this on my Fortec too. Thanks in advance!

Channelmaster will work with the Fortec. I know the Satpros you have to use the attached

Attachments

• SatEdit2006.zip
    559.5 KB · Views: 129
There is a way to use it in CM once you have used the satpros channel editor but I forget how. I tired last nite and couldnt get it to work in CM

Import and export the Satpros file with CM as a Orasat format. You do have to use the SatEdit program to upload and download to the receiver though.

To all the guys who bought the Satpros DSR 500 receivers the last few weeks:
How do you rate this receiver now? Give reason if you wish to.
On the scale of 1 to 10 (1 poor to 10 Excellent): 7 because of the poor Tech Support. Other than that the overall performance is great.

Lets see....depending on my setup. Since it can support a 8x1 diseqc it gets bonus points for that but it seems to lose the memory of what diseqc you're on.

If its set to my G16/AMC1/G10 setup it gets a 8 1/2. It does what its suppose to do and gets what its suppose to do. The volume adjustament though bugs me.
On the 8x1 it gets a 8 due to the losing of memory spots (it was a 7 due to the losing memory spots but gains a poiint because it can handle a 8x1)

I'm not worried about tech support. Dang almost every box I have owned has blech for legal tech support.

I would give it at least an 8. No blind scan would be the biggest downfall. BUT, mine is used in as a 2nd receiver for G10 only. So for a secondary room, I would give it a 10!

I'll put in a request on a msg board for the person who fixes things like faster channel turning. But as with most requests he is pretty busy and the #1 request he gets is well you know. But he does other requests. Maybe he will respond back with a answer.

Later,

Josh

Any update on the blind scan question?

SatPros DRS-500S

Can someone tell me how to remove (ie re-set) a password that has been set.

Seems my kids changed the IRD's password and now I can not.

Any thought or idea...please.

Oh...I have already tried to apply a "factory" file in the hopes that it would help.

TIA

LNB failures

I don't want to raise any unnecessary concerns, but since I've gotten mine, I've had two LNB failures.

Still trying to figure out what happened, whether they are related, etc.

Has anyone else had any suspicious "failure to communicate"?

Mine has had issues staying locked on the correct Diseqc when I hooked it up to the 8x1 (yes it does support it). It seemed to lose some of the settings. Of course at the time I had 8 ports and 3 22k switches and a 4x4 added to it :D

I've since scaled back and it does work with a 4x1 and 4 22k switches

I was attempting to use the channel editor and after I uploaded to the receiver, I lost all of my transponders on a number of satellites.

Is there any way to correct this? Is there a "how to" guide to correctly upload the data?

PS - if anyone could save an updated satellite/transponder list in an Orasat text file I would appreciate it along with instructions on how to load correctly without losing transponders and/or satellites in the receiver.

Sorry to be so helpless, but I am really struggling with this program...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)