sattle lite finders?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanksmith5

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
az
hello I am needing a audible sattle lite finder where when it sees a sattle or is close to one the tone gets steadyer or is steady or gets louder or something can some one recommend a sat finder to help me aim that is cheap and has some sort of audible signal? I also have a braille cumpas to help aim to. Hank

Hank, check with any of our fine sponsors listed above. Usually an inexpensive audible finder is under $20 I think. SF 95 is one part number i believe if my memory is correct. Blind

I have a cheapie audio sat finder. SF95 I think.

You have to get the dish close before you use it. Because they can't determine with bird you are pointed at. But a plumb mast, and a good compass, and the SF95 works well for peaking a dish.

NEW Sadoun SF95L DSS DBS Satellite Signal Finder

Correct Satellite Dish Reception in Seconds!
SF95L-3.jpg

Price Ea $15.99

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dasil73C_K0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Fast satellite dish alignment with a meter[/ame]

This is a new updated model of our SF95L meter. FASTER SETUP TIME. Get perfect satellite dish reception in seconds with this easy-to-use DSS Satellite Finder! This tool is a must for RV/motor home enthusiasts who take a satellite dish with them on the road, OR for home users. This product lets you easily make adjustments yourself, without having to shout back and forth with a second person at the TV location.

Simply wire this affordable device between your dish and your receiver, turn on your equipment and adjust your satellite dish until the meter indicates optimum signal strength. What used to take 30 minutes or more, now takes just 30 seconds. Perfect for installing new dishes, or simply making adjustments to existing dishes after windstorms, hurricanes, heavy rains or earthquakes!

Updated: 11/1/07: This is a NEW 2008 model with

• 22KHz pass through indicatorLED light.
  • H/V polarity indicator LED light.
    • H: Horizontal or Left Hand (18V) Polarity signal indicator
    • V: Vertical or Right Hand (13V) Polarity signal indicator

VISUAL and AUDIO TONE

I tried using this type of meter to setup SkyWay but it pulsates (does not stay steady) as if the voltage output drops and rises all the time. Is this the nature of the SkyWay system?

You be be overloading the finder. One trick I learned while using those is to put a section of rg59 (25 feet or so) in between the meter and the lnb. This will attenuate it further avoiding overload.

You may already have half of it if you have a "beep on scan" satellite receiver. Check your menu for the setting to see if you have it. I use an old Viewsat Ultra SD receiver for this purpose.

If you get wireless (rf) headphones you have the other half. (Get those anywhere for about 15 bucks)
It's how I do it.

You make sure you are set to an active transponder ( see Lyngsat) and hook your audio to the sending unit.

When you go to your dish and adjust, with headphones on both your hands are free. as you zero in, the beeps get more rapid with a higher pitch.

hello I have a coolsat 6000 preemium does this have this feature? if so can you tell me where to set it up? my sighted neighbor will be over and he can turn that on fore me. thanks fore the help guys, your awesome <smiles> Hank

Don't know. Usually the beep on scan feature is switchable on and off inside the menu. You go through it and try and see if it beeps and where in the menu it beeps. Good luck

VERY handy funkypc. I am presuming these are FW enhancements tailored to our side of the hobby? Are you associated with these releases?
I have used outdated aftermarket FW for my 6K since about 2006, to get beep on scan and switch support. If this is a "cleaner" version that would be great. Dl'ing it now.
Any such release for the 4K (STi5518 based)?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts