Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Weird situation with the 3688

If I hook it to a LNB and thats the only receiver to the LNB, I get no signal. But if I use a dual and have another reciever to it, it works.

Here's what I mean
I have a 30" motorized that the Pansat 3500 uses. If I hook the 2nd output from the dual LNB to the Satwork, it works fine. But I unplugged that and hooked the line from the G3 dish I have and get zippo. I get signal (60) but no quality. Also on the Pansat I have a 4x1 switch that has G10 hooked to it. If I flip to port 2, the Satwork won't keep the signal (this is hooked directly to the LNB on the motorized)

I have LNB set to 13/18 and it won't work. Its like the unit won't send power to the LNB. The rest is setup right
Satellite G3
LO freq 10750 (standard LNB)
LNB power 13/18
Freq 11780
all other parameters off

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Interesting ICE. I have a problem with my 3618 that I flashed to 3688 and it does nothing. I will have see if your setup makes mine work.

Iceberg said:
Weird situation with the 3688

If I hook it to a LNB and thats the only receiver to the LNB, I get no signal. But if I use a dual and have another reciever to it, it works.

Here's what I mean
I have a 30" motorized that the Pansat 3500 uses. If I hook the 2nd output from the dual LNB to the Satwork, it works fine. But I unplugged that and hooked the line from the G3 dish I have and get zippo. I get signal (60) but no quality. Also on the Pansat I have a 4x1 switch that has G10 hooked to it. If I flip to port 2, the Satwork won't keep the signal (this is hooked directly to the LNB on the motorized)

I have LNB set to 13/18 and it won't work. Its like the unit won't send power to the LNB. The rest is setup right
Satellite G3
LO freq 10750 (standard LNB)
LNB power 13/18
Freq 11780
all other parameters off

What the heck am I doing wrong?

haha

OK...lets add a little confusion to the issue

Flashed it with the 3618 software and hooked the G3 dish to it (DirecPC dish with factory LNB). POwer it on and got CCTV right away.....for about a minute

Then the lock light go off and no signal. If I do the master power off (switch on back) and power it back on, then it works.....for a minute grrrrrr

This is just bizarre. As long as there is some other receiver supplying power to the LNB, the Satowrk works fine. Last night I watch a minor league baseball game on AMC9 for 2 1/2 hours on it with no issues...becuase the Pansat was supplying the power to the LNB (even though it was off)

big man need some help here.....wonder if its faulty?
Is anyone running a 3618 or 3688 NOT slaved to something and has it working. Pete? Diamond Jim? Dr Hydro? Anyone? :)

ice i have been running a satwork 3688 for over a year and have never had the problem you described. i run it as the master and slave my fortecstar lifetime ultra to it. ok run the numbers you have the right lnb selected? 12 v off, lnb power 13/18? all check out.
are you turning the power off on you master receiver or just powering it down?
just thinking out loud here. man hope you work it out

neil

Setup is a dual LNB...one line runs to the Pansat 3500 and the other goes to the Satwork. It works fine this way. Even if the Pansat is in standby, the Satwork works fine. Its just when there is no other power to the LNB.
12 v off
13/18 on. Heck, I even turned it to 18 (H) with no results

iceberg, i have no problems with the 3618 running stand alone. as soon as my neighbor wakes up ill take a look at the settings we are using on it.
[edit] settings seem fine [/edit]

just "going thru the numbers" iceberg, do you have a dc block inline somewhere?

Have you tried both of your lnb outputs on the the satwork to rule out coax/lnb problems? I have a 3618 and have had no problems powering my lnbs

stardust1 said:
Have you tried both of your lnb outputs on the the satwork to rule out coax/lnb problems? I have a 3618 and have had no problems powering my lnbs

yep. same thing

I also hooked up my line from the DirecPC G3 dish (which only has one output) and it works for a minute.....then nada

signal disappears

My 3618 has no option for lnb power that I can see and since a 3618 can be turned into a 3688 lnb power must be software controlled. I would go with a factory reset first then flash it with factory software if that didn't work. I opened the case on mine and had a look. All the power to the main board comes thru one connector from the power supply board. As a long shot I would pull and reset the connectors on both ends of that cable.

so far I've
-reset it and flashed it as a 3618..nada
-reset it and reflashed as a 3688..nada
-checked all conenction..nada
-tried different LNB..nada

This is just plain weird that the receiver won't acknowledge power to the LNB. Like I say, it works fine slaved (in the essence) but not on its own..

Here is what the screen looks like for the 3688 LNB setup...yes there is quality there because its slaved. If I power off the Pansat (via the switch) the quality goes to zero (even though the dish is still at SBS6)

Attachments

• IM000337.JPG
    IM000337.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 172
I am starting to think you have a bad reciever, it sounds as if you are doing everything right..............

Not looking good but for the hell of it I would turn on the 12v, skew and 22k just to see if it had any effect. If your adventurous check that power cable inside with a volt meter on mine the voltages are labled. As a last resort maybe pick up an old el cheapo analog c/ku reciever on fleabay and let it power the lnb.

stardust1 said:
Not looking good but for the hell of it I would turn on the 12v, skew and 22k just to see if it had any effect.
tried all of that...nothing

If your adventurous check that power cable inside with a volt meter on mine the voltages are labled.
like the actual power cable or the cable from the dish?

As a last resort maybe pick up an old el cheapo analog c/ku reciever on fleabay and let it power the lnb.
The Pansat will do that :)

Like I say, as long as the Pansat is in standby and on that port of the switch, the Satwork works fine

Pansat on Port 1 (KU)...Satwork works fine
Pansat on any other port..Satwork no work :(

Iceberg said:
like the actual power cable or the cable from the dish?:(

Well check both - on mine with it plugged into the wall and everything else on the back of the unit unplugged I screwed a short 2' coax jumper onto the lnb connector and read 19.34 volts dc between the center conductor and where the connector is crimped to the coax. Then I would open the unit up unplug the ribbon cable that goes from the power supply board to the main board and check the voltages their. The voltages are labeled on the main board if it's the same as mine. If you are getting the correct voltage from the coax then it's not the unit. If the voltages on the inner ribbon cable are not correct then it's the power supply board. If the voltage on the ribbon inside are good then it's a main board hardware or software problem.

I'll have to try that.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but as long as there is power to the LNB from the other receiver, I can blindscan both polarities with no issues. It scan H and then flips to V because I get the channels I should on both polarities :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.