Satwork 3688 won't recognize LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
IT CAME TODAY :):)

(too bad I'm at work)

Notes on the packing slip said "replaced main board. tested on IA5"

so it should be working...will try it this weekend and see :)

Iceberg said:
IT CAME TODAY :):)

(too bad I'm at work)

Dont feel too bad, I'm in the same boat as you...

I'm at work and brand new 1.8m dish was just delivered.

So true! :clap

Good luck with the Satworks, let us know how it goes.

YAY!!!!!!

It held power :)

I hooked it to my G3 dish and scanned in CCTV. Left it on for an hour and the yellow light stayed on (means signal lock) :)

Going to hook it up and give it a full run this weekend :)

It works :D:D:D:D

Got it setup for 61-105 (that’s the best LOS I can get with that setup)

So now I have “Dueling motors” : )

Iceberg said:
Since it was new, I was able to have it repaired. They replaced the main board

Ice going to all that trouble you had a few months ago.. you think it's worth buying one of these Satwork ST 3618? A local seller has them for $70.00 out the door, but I've also heard that Satwork is out of business. So if it ever goes bad.. I will be out of luck. :mad:

but $70.00 is not bad at all, specially for a receiver with Blind Scan,

Main use will be at 97w, by a company partner of mine for Xmas. :cool: .

For $70 you can't beat it and I guarantee that you will like it better than the 3688. I also noticed that they are not listed in the Skyvison catalog and DMSI does not list software updates for them anymore. Maybe they did close up shop.

Diamond Jim said:
For $70 you can't beat it and I guarantee that you will like it better than the 3688. I also noticed that they are not listed in the Skyvison catalog and DMSI does not list software updates for them anymore. Maybe they did close up shop.

Thanks for the prompt reply Jim. As far as PQ.. how does it rate from 1-10 using svideo?

Diamond Jim said:
I don't know, I use it with RCA cords and on 1 to 10, I would give it a 9. Good sharp and clear picture.

Looks like I will go for it. This will make a very nice Xmas Gift.. I will report on the unit once I get it and install it at his place in the OC.

Just to add on to Jims comments, I have a satworks 3186, and the picture quality is excellant. You might have to play with color balance on your tv tho, i noticed color balance changed in between the 3168 and other input sources. Using coax the pic was the best i have seen on my tv with a coax connection.

drhydro said:
Just to add on to Jims comments, I have a satworks 3186, and the picture quality is excellant. You might have to play with color balance on your tv tho, i noticed color balance changed in between the 3168 and other input sources. Using coax the pic was the best i have seen on my tv with a coax connection.

I will test all video outputs including the RF to see which one is best. I do appreciate the comments from drhydro and Diamond Jim regarding this unit.

Tomorrow I will be picking up the 3168 in person and will post my results.

Diamond Jim said:
You know, after thinking about it, I can't imagine having a receiver that doesn't blind scan. That would make life a lot rougher.

huh, tell me about it :)

I've had some really good receivers that don't do blind scan and it sucks. I dont know what I wouldnt do without a blind scan receiver :)

Iceberg said:
huh, tell me about it :)
I've had some really good receivers that don't do blind scan and it sucks. I dont know what I wouldnt do without a blind scan receiver :)

Ice,

I told you I was thinking about that Qual-TV receiver, 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 compatable, but when I found out it didn't have blind scan and edit features the $699 price tag is out of line. Not that I am cheap, but I got blind scan and edit for only $200. I did find out that it is an import, that's the reason for the high price tag. By the time I raise $699 that baby will be obsolete.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)