Satwork 3688 won't recognize LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Picked up a pair of Satwork ST 3618 for $65.00ea. I will be keeping one to play with.

I'll see if I have time tonight to connect it to my motor to scan the birds away. :D

The Satwork ST 3618 is a GREAT wee box, I use it as a tool EVERYDAY.
Unfortunately it cant be used to motor a dish. Still its a bargain, IMO.

PSB said:
The Satwork 3618 is a GREAT wee box, I use it as a tool EVERYDAY.
Unfortunately it cant be used to motor a dish. Still its a bargain, IMO.

Can't ?? Had no idea since I just got home and the box is still not opened.. LOL

Looks like it will be a slave unit next to the 3500s, which will move the dish for the 3618. :clap :clap

Maybe a software upgrade to a 3688 will work, Iceberg has done that but I never have. Nice find (x2)

PSB said:
Maybe a software upgrade to a 3688 will work, Iceberg has done that but I never have. Nice find (x2)

Good deal.. oh Ice.. where are thou???? :cool:

10pm CST he is in bed, he NEEDS his beauty sleep badly.
(He works hard, what do you think I meant?)

Attachments

8.2 KB · Views: 25
PSB said:
10pm CST he is in bed, he NEEDS his beauty sleep badly.
(He works hard, what do you think I meant?)

Hehehehe.. roger that!

Looks like the Satwork site is no longer up. So maybe someone here has the 3688 firmware?

The Satwork 3618 doesnt have capability to run a motor....but the 3688 does

I actually took my 3688 and went back to a 3618 software for a while. Main reason is when you do a blind scan, it stores all TP's...ok no biggie

But when you do another blind scan, it saves the TP's AGAIN....so you can have 10 of a TP logged if its up 24/7. Also after blind scaning, it scans ALL TP's that are stored on that satellite. Here is what I mean

OK...I scan IA8 a lot and lets say there's 3 TP's active (numbers below are random..not legit numbers)
11780 H 4000
12000 H 2755
11975 V 10255

Lets say the above are on 24/7...and they are stored in my unit. So now I want to do a blind scan and it finds
-the 3 above and
11900 H 4400
12100 H 3979
11960 V 30000

Now I have 9 TP's stored in the unit (the 3 active ones TWICE) and the 3 that the blind scan got. When the blind scan is done, it will scan all 9 TP's

Unless i delete the dups, you can fill a TP list real quick (especially if there are lots of active TP's)

The 3618 doesnt do this

But upgrading it from 3618 to 3688 does work fine with the motor w/o any bugs?
I just want to see how it performs as a 3688. Although BC is very important, I'd like to try it with my HH.

The 2nd unit will stay as 3618 since my business partner will have it parked at 97w for now.

it works pretty good for the motor...just dont slave it without a DC block on the analog.

I tried it and could only get the H polarities….something was goofy so I couldn’t get the V ones…it was like the analog was sending H only and overpowering the Satworks.

Iceberg said:
it works pretty good for the motor...just dont slave it without a DC block on the analog.

I tried it and could only get the H polarities….something was goofy so I couldn’t get the V ones…it was like the analog was sending H only and overpowering the Satworks.

Iceberg, to make it a 3688 which firmware # is the best one? I found a site that has some Satwork 3688 firmware like 1201/1205/1211/1212/1217.

Just want to see which is the one for the upgrade from 3618 to 3688

Thanks

I honestly dont know...the stuff I have is like a year old.
Try them all :)
(when you get one you dont like, move back a version. This aint like Dish who sends out software thats buggy) :)

Iceberg said:
I honestly dont know...the stuff I have is like a year old.
Try them all :)
(when you get one you dont like, move back a version. This aint like Dish who sends out software thats buggy) :)

Updated to 3688 and I like the menus better then the 3618's. Although the 3618's remote works, it lacks the TV/RADIO and AUDIO keys.

If anyone who has an original 3688 Remote and switched to 3618, and wants to straight up trade (my 3618 remote for your 3688 remote) send me a PM please. Mine is brand new condition, and I hope yours is in near new cond.

Attachments

• satwork.JPG
    satwork.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 88
Ordered one from Ivy for $14.99 + shipping. So we'll see when that will arrive with the holidays this week :smug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)