Satwork 3816 Newbie Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gqken

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
What settings do I need to have on my satwork 3816 to be able to pick up a sat and what sat should I pick that has the most viewable channels in Los Angeles? Thanks Guys?

You don't need to change/enter any settings (if using a standard ku LNBF)just point the dish then do a blind scan, or you can enter the below coordinates for IA5 satellite aim you dish and when you get SIGNAL QUALITY then press ok and do a blind scan! Good luck and welcome to the forum!

IA5

Channel Name=Irib
Freq.= 11836
Pol.=V
S/r=20765

Aim the dish here for IA5 in LA.

Azim.=145 deg.
Elev.=44.4
Skew=-28 (rotate LNBF clockwise from in front of dish)

Thanks

Thanks man I will try right now.. I was reading the fourm and it said that the true south sat was satmex 5? Why ia5

Feel free to go back to factory default at any time and start from there!

Sorry to bug you guys again but I do not see a IA5 in the menu? Am I just missing it? Or do I have to upgrade the receiver? Thanks?

You don't NEED to point to your true south satellite unless you are setting up a motorized system, and the Satwork 3618 cant motor a dish, maybe you have a BIG motorized dish?

I just Picked Telstar 5 (IA5)as it has more channels.

You don't really have to worry about the name of the satellite if you are only pointing at one satellite at a time any satellite will work.

Been playing around with the sat 3816 but no luck finding any signal I have been pointing it exactly like how you said but no cigar? What do you think I am doing wrong? I have sat3816 with a ku lnb wingaurd dish and still no luck? What gives??? I've seen the signal meter pop up to 90 once or twice but thats it?

Get as close as you can then do blind scans and see what you get, make sure there is nothing in front or above the dish blocking the signal. Tell us what it says on your LNBF! Good Luck!

I have a ASC321 from DMS Int.. and its says that it is a standard ku lnbf? I never get a steady signal when I get somthing it shoots up to 90 and then disapears and when I put it back in the same spot I don't get it again... How can I test my LNBF?

Well over 99.9% of LNBF are working fine, remember you are only looking for quality not signal level, don't even look at signal level! Check over the manual again and keep doing blind scans, there is nothing needing reset on the receiver as it defaults to standard Ku LNBF (10750) If you are really at your wits end contact your retailer and they may be able to help, good luck!

Give me a call if I can help at all!

If you're talking about the "quality" measurement jumping to 90 and back to zero, you're simply passing up the satellite. Unless the dish is sitting perfectly still when that happens, then something isn't right...

But if you're passing it up, remember you must restrict yourself to very small movements of the dish. By "very small movements" I mean even a slight flex in one direction, without the bolts even being loose, is enough to knock the signal down. To fine tune my own dish, I started with all the bolts very tight, and flexed the dish around until I found the direction of adjustment it liked best. Then turn the proper bolt(s) a couple rotations to loosen, just enough to let you gently adjust it a little, then re-tighten.

Thanks I never had hard time finding the dtv one but T5 is a pain. I will try to set it to 131 auth and 44elev. and then tighten up the bolts then move in small increments. Question? Am I suppose to find the signal with the manuel sat find or with just the blind scan? Thanks

Find manually, but if you are stuck and you think you are close a blind scan can help find the satellite, you may end up on the wrong satellite but at least from there we know where you are!

Got a couple of trees in the way but they are about 100 yards away would this cause the no signal prob?

If the tree is an issue try another satellite to the east or west of where you are pointing, remember after setting the elevation the ONLY chance you have of finding the satellite is to be pointing in the direction of the satellite, near is not good enough, you NEED a compass to get "in the ball park"

If you do have/get a compass the magnetic deviation in LA. is around -15 deg. so the above Azim. will become 145-15 = 130 deg. on a compass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts